Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked QuestionsPrint FAQ
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing and sent to SelectUSA@experient-inc.com.
- Cancellation requests received by Friday, May 3, 2019 will be refunded, minus a US$125 admin fee. Cancellation requests received after May 3, 2019 will not receive a refund. Credit card refunds will be processed within two weeks of receipt. Check refunds will be processed four weeks after the conference ends.
- If your U.S. visa is denied, the US$125 admin fee will apply at all times.
- Name substitutions are allowed until May 24, 2019. All name substitutions must be within the same company as the original applicant. New names must be vetted by SelectUSA before a final registration is confirmed.
- Cancellations prior to 45 days (April 26, 2019) will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within 44 days (April 27, 2019) will be charged one night’s room and tax.
- Name substitutions are allowed with the hotel, but the new individual must be from the same company / organization. New names must be vetted and approved by SelectUSA.
Exhibitor Booth and Sponsorship Cancellations
- Cancellations between December 11, 2018 and March 10, 2019 are 50 percent liable.
- Cancellations March 11, 2019 and after are 100 percent liable.
- Vetted registrants in the media category are exempted from cancellation fees.
- Travelers using the Visa Waiver Program must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel.
- We strongly advise all applicants to be knowledgeable about visa requirements and to apply for a visa or ESTA as soon as possible.
- Information for visa requests will be provided during the registration process.
- Once an application is approved, a visa letter will be generated and sent to the email address provided during the registration process.
Call for Proposals, Collateral Events, and Spinoff Events
How can I submit an idea or proposal for the Investment Summit?
The 2019 Call for Proposals closed on November 16, 2018.
I submitted a proposal and have not heard back on the status. When will I hear back?
You will be notified of the status of your submission by early Spring 2019.
I would like to host a meeting or event during the Investment Summit. Can you help me find a location?
Yes. If you need event space, you may request rooms onsite or at neighboring venues for various events, including:
- Meet and Greets
For more information click here.
What is a Spinoff Event?
A Spinoff Event is an event held before or after the SelectUSA Investment Summit and outside the Washington, D.C. area.
- If you are an economic development partner, bring Investment Summit participants to your state, city, region, or tribe. The dates of the Investment Summit (June 10-12, 2019) allow for Spinoff Events to take place the week of June 14-17, 2019, with ample travel time (June 12-13, 2019). Click here to submit an event proposal and learn more.
- If you are part of a visiting business delegation, make the most of your time in the United States by extending your stay and participating in Spinoff Events. These events will highlight several states, cities, regions, and tribes across the United States. Spinoff Events will help you take the next step in your growth strategy – turning exploration into action.
Will there be language interpretation at the Investment Summit?
Yes. All sessions in the International Ballroom will be simultaneously interpreted in the following languages: Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish. Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided for any of the breakout or Investment Academy sessions.
May I request the assistance of an interpreter if I have sudden meetings?
SelectUSA does not provide interpreters outside the plenary sessions. However, there will be several volunteers and event staff (with red lanyards) available for assistance. If you need assistance in the matchmaking area, you can reach out to the matchmaking staff at the information desk or the volunteers onsite. Additionally, you may reach out to your delegation leads for possible assistance.
Can I bring my own interpreter?
Yes. You can bring your own interpreter, but you will have to pay for their registration fee, as well as any travel costs, etc. All interpreters must go through the vetting process.
What do I need to bring with me to check in and get my badge?
Participants must bring government-issued photo identification. To speed up badge pickup, participants are encouraged to bring their confirmation email with them to the registration and information desk. Attendees may also bring a digital copy of their confirmation via phone/tablet device.
How can I ensure that the information on my badge is correct before the Investment Summit?
Information will be pulled directly from the online registration form. If a name was entered in capital letters, it will appear in capital letters on the badge. Please check your confirmation email for the personal identification information that will be printed on the badge.
To make changes to your badge information, log back into your existing registration and click on the “Edit Badge Responses” button from the Registration Summary page.
What happens if I lose my badge?
If a participant loses their badge, they will need to go to the main Investment Summit registration and information desk. The registration desk staff will check to see if any badges have been turned in. If not, the participant can leave their contact information in the event the badge is returned. Unfortunately, due to security restrictions, new badges will not be issued if a participant loses theirs. Participants should take extra care to safeguard their badge to ensure access to all events at the Investment Summit.
Are meals included with my registration?
Yes, continental breakfast, lunch, and beverage breaks are included with registration for participants with a full Investment Summit pass.
Note: There are many different food options onsite at the Washington Hilton and in the surrounding area beyond what is provided at the Investment Summit. However, these food options are not included in registration.
Can non-Investment Summit participants join me for onsite meals?
No. Non-Investment Summit participants are not able to access Investment Summit spaces as they do not have a badge. If you are interested in dining with non-Investment Summit participants, there are other dining options available both on and offsite. However, we do encourage participants to join meals to network with other attendees.
If I have dietary/religious preferences, can I make special meal requests?
If you listed a dietary restriction or requested a special meal during the online registration process, please identify yourself to a banquet server during breakfast and lunch. Please show your meal ticket to the server so the appropriate meal can be delivered to you. We are not able to accommodate onsite meal requests.
What is Matchmaking?
See the Matchmaking page for information.
Will there be space for one-on-one meetings that are arranged?
Yes, there are many meeting areas that can be booked in advance via the online matchmaking system. In addition, there are many places, including the hotel lobby and Exhibition Hall, where participants can meet.
When will matchmaking open?
The matchmaking website will launch in Spring 2019 and only approved attendees will have access. Attendees will also be able to download the mobile app via Google and Apple in Spring 2019.
How do I best utilize the Investment Summit matchmaking system?
Watch the video tutorials in the platform or access the 2019 Matchmaking User Guide.(Coming Spring 2019)
Is the internet accessible by all Investment Summit attendees?
Yes, complimentary wireless internet is accessible by all attendees. However, the bandwidth is limited, and we ask that attendees not use it to download large files or to stream videos.
Where is the business center located?
There is a complimentary computer kiosk and print station in the lobby.
What are the business center hours of operation?
- 24-hour self-serve internet access
- 24-hour self-serve copying, printing, and faxing with hotel room key
Where is the lost and found?
Lost items can be returned to the Investment Summit registration and information desk. Once the Investment Summit ends, unclaimed items will be turned over to the Washington Hilton Security Department.
What is the expected dress code for the Investment Summit?
Attendees are expected to wear business attire and/or the equivalent of business attire from attendee markets.
Where is smoking permitted?
The Washington Hilton is a smoke-free property. The designated smoking areas are located outside the Terrace Level entrance and the circle in the hotel front drive.
Hotel Floor Plan
- International Ballroom Foyer – USG Pavilion
- International Ballroom – Plenary Sessions
- Georgetown, Jefferson, and Monroe – Main Academy and Breakout Sessions
- Columbia Ballroom – Exhibition Hall
- International Terrace – Registration
Where should I meet a bus for an offsite event?
The pick-up and drop-off location is located at the Washington Hilton T Street NW Entrance (Terrace Level).
A 10 percent discount for shared shuttle service has been made available for Investment Summit participants with SuperShuttle. This shuttle service is available from all area airports and Union Station. Use the ”Reserve Now” Link below to make your shuttle reservation in advance or call SuperShuttle at +1 (800) 258-3826 and mention SelectUSA Investment Summit as the Group and 95LM4 as the booking code.Reserve Now
Please note that this discount does not apply to pre-existing reservations and cannot be applied retroactively.Additional Information:
- Discount code: Your group/company code is hidden and will display ***** in the Discount Code box. Please update your browser if the above link does not work, or use Google Chrome.
- Quote: How much does it cost? Follow the link provided above, enter your airport and destination information, and click continue to see transportation options and relative pricing.
- Reservations by phone: For special reservation questions call 1-800 BLUE VAN (800-258-3826) available 24/7. Please note, phone reservations may incur a $3 booking fee.
- Locations: For a complete list of airports served, visit www.supershuttle.com/locations
Amtrak offers convenient train travel to Washington, D.C. and Alexandria, VA. The historic Union Station in downtown Washington is only 3 miles (4.8 km) to the Washington Hilton. The Amtrak station in Alexandria, VA is a 10-mile (16 km) drive to the hotel.
Nearest Metro Station?
The Dupont Circle Metro station on the Red Line is the closest Metro station to the hotel. Exit at the north end of the station at Q Street and walk four blocks north along Connecticut Avenue NW to the Washington Hilton, located at 1919 Connecticut Ave. NW.
Car rentals are available at each airport and at Union Station. Visit the airport and station websites for more information. Hertz Car Rental has a location at the Washington Hilton.
Is parking available at the Washington Hilton?
On-site parking fee (as of September 6, 2018 – subject to change):Self-parking: US$40 (per day + tax)
Valet parking: US$50 (per day + tax)
Where should I be dropped off by a taxi or rideshare service?
Please instruct your taxi or rideshare service to drop you off at the main entrance of the Washington Hilton: 1919 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20009.
Will taxis or ridesharing services be available at the Washington Hilton?
Yes, taxis and rideshare services are available. However, there may be waiting periods during peak hours, so please plan accordingly. The taxi line will be located at the lobby-level entrance.
More Travel Information
For more information please visit the Washington Hilton’s transportation site.
Press and Publicity
Will there be press on site?
Yes, we actively recruit press to cover the Investment Summit.
How can I get press coverage for my company/organization?
There is a box you can check in the registration process that indicates if you are open to press opportunities. If you opt in at registration, we will share your contact information with all registered media contacts in advance of the Investment Summit. There is also a press room on site if you want to drop off press releases or other materials.
What if I do no want to talk to press?
You are under no obligation to speak with reporters during the Investment Summit.
Where can I do an interview on site?
We will have a designated area for interviews, but you are welcome to conduct interviews anywhere that does not interfere with Investment Summit programming.
What other publicity opportunities are available?
We love hearing about your Investment Summit experience on social media! Please get involved in the conversation using #SelectUSASummit.