Frequently Asked Questions
Registration & Application
What to Know Before Applying
- Early Bird Rate USD $1,100.00: Apply by 11:59 p.m. ET, March 15, 2024
- Regular Rate USD $1,290.00: Begins March 16, 2024
- Onsite Rate USD $1,440.00: June 22-June 26, 2024
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION?
- Access to Exhibition Hall
- Access to 50+ focused sessions on FDI
- Access to workshops and networking receptions
- Access to Plenary Sessions
- Access to Investment Summit virtual networking platform
- Ability to contact attendees within the virtual networking platform
- Email support
STEP 1: PREPARE
Before beginning the application process, prepare yourself by reviewing the information on this page and connecting with the U.S. Commercial Service team in your local market if needed.
STEP 2: APPLYAPPLY TO ATTEND
STEP 3: STAY INFORMED
- You will receive a confirmation email upon submission of your application. The email will provide instructions to access the application system and check on acceptance status.
- Status notifications will be sent on a rolling basis beginning in December 2023.
- Notifications of approval or denial will occur within 14 business days of applying, after initial notifications are sent.
STEP 4: PAYMENT
Registration is considered final once payment is received.Credit Card
A credit card number may be provided during the application process. If you choose to pay by credit card, payment will be held and only processed once your application is approved and accepted.Check, ACH or Wire Transfer
If you are unable to provide a valid credit card during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate payment options. You have 15 business days from the approval date for payment to be sent and received. All checks, ACH and wire payments MUST be received by Wednesday, May 8, 2024.
In the case payment is not received within the stated time, you risk losing your approval status.
If you have any issues with the processing of your payment, please contact us at email@example.com.
STEP 5: BOOK A HOTEL ROOM
- SelectUSA has confirmed a block of rooms at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center for approved applicants. Most room blocks are at GSA per diem, which is currently USD $258 per day (plus applicable taxes). The hotel rates are valid until the room blocks are sold out or until 11:59 p.m. EDT, on Friday, May 31, 2024.
- You will receive information on how to book a hotel room under the SelectUSA room block upon completion of your application. Only approved applicants will be eligible for a hotel room within the SelectUSA Investment Summit room block. The Investment Summit planning team has the right to cancel reservations for declined applicants.
- Once your hotel room has been booked, you will receive an email confirmation to the email address you provided during the hotel booking process from the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center. If there are any special requests or changes that need to be noted, please reach out directly to the Gaylord.
- Please check your spam folder in case a registration confirmation was not received. You can access your confirmation number inside your SelectUSA Investment Summit Portal (as long as you made the reservation through the portal).
- Note: If you need to make any changes to a confirmed hotel room, use the "Manage Hotel Reservation" link inside your registration portal.
STEP 6: NETWORKING
Approved attendees will receive instructions for the networking platform during the Investment Summit. Networking will begin in Spring 2024.
If you have been denied acceptance due to a perceived mistake, or other criteria, you may appeal the decision by following the process below.Send Appeal to: SUSASummitVetting@trade.gov
Appeal Subject Line: “APPEAL” must be the first word in the subject line.
Appeals must include the following information, based on application type. All applicants should include detailed documentation to support the appeal.
- International Firms – Detailed plans for investment in the United States or plans to explore investment opportunities.
- Service Providers – Anticipated role as a service provider, including the specific services that would be provided to assist EDOs or international companies to facilitate foreign direct investment in the United States.
- Media – Detailed information on the scope, reach, and readership/viewership of your media outlet and reference to prior reporting on investment or related topics.
- Sponsors – Detailed background of the organization, including company executives, and clear explanation of motivations for sponsoring the SelectUSA Investment Summit.
- International Trade Associations – Detailed information on how the association helps organizations that are seeking to invest in the United States.
Who is the Investment Summit for?
Representatives from the following types of organizations will greatly benefit from attending the SelectUSA Investment Summit:
- Investors, including representatives of international businesses of all sizes, that are seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States
- Representatives of U.S. economic development organizations
- Representatives from U.S. state and local governments
- Advisors, service providers, companies, chambers of commerce, and associations facilitating FDI into the United States
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE INVESTMENT SUMMIT?
The SelectUSA Investment Summit is a time-saving mechanism for investors who are interested in establishing or expanding operations in the United States. Take advantage of these opportunities:
- Connections – Connect with fellow investors, service providers, and government officials who may share tools, tricks of the trade and lessons learned about investing in the United States.
- Networking – Set up meetings with economic development professionals, service providers, and government leaders through our robust online networking program.
- Education – Learn more about how, where, and why to invest in the United States. Hear about innovative resources and incentives directly from federal, state, and local officials.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME TO CHECK IN AND GET MY BADGE?
You must bring a physical copy of a government-issued photo identification. To speed up badge pickup, you are encouraged to show a copy of your "Know Before You Go" email with your unique QR code at the registration and information desk.
HOW CAN I ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION ON MY BADGE IS CORRECT BEFORE THE INVESTMENT SUMMIT?
Information will be pulled directly from the online registration form. If a name was entered in capital letters, it will appear in capital letters on the badge.
Please check your confirmation email for the personal identification information that will be printed on the badge.
To make changes to your badge information, please notify Customer Service firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOSE MY BADGE?
If you lose your badge, you will need to go to the main Investment Summit registration and information desk. The registration desk staff will check to see if any badges have been turned in. If not, you can leave their contact information in the event the badge is returned. Unfortunately, due to security restrictions, new badges will not be issued if yours is lost. You should take extra care to safeguard your badge to ensure access to all events at the Investment Summit.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Cancellation requests received by Friday, April 10, 2024 will be refunded, minus a USD $125 administrative fee. Cancellation requests received after April 10, 2024 will not receive a refund. Credit card refunds will be processed within two weeks of receipt. Check refunds will be processed four weeks after the conference ends.
- Except for emergency situations, refund requests must be received within 60 days of payments.
- If your U.S. visa is denied, your application fee will be refunded minus the USD $125 admin fee. Requests for a refund due to a Visa denial must be submitted, with documentation of the denial, no later than June 23, 2024. Requests received after June 23, 2024 will not receive a refund.
- If you need to cancel within 3 days of the Investment Summit because of a COVID-19 infection or due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, please email documentation of a positive COVID test or official documentation detailing the travel restrictions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once documentation is verified and approved, Show Management will refund the application fee minus the USD $125 admin fee.
- Name substitutions and payment transfers are allowed until Monday, June 10, 2024. New applicants must apply to attend the Investment Summit and be approved by SelectUSA before the funds can be transferred between approved registrants. Once the funds are transferred to the new approved applicant, the original registration will be canceled. New applicants must be vetted by SelectUSA before a final registration is confirmed.
- Questions regarding the transfer of payment to another individual can be sent to email@example.com.
- Hotel cancellation notices received 3 working days prior to arrival will receive a refund equal to the deposit paid. You must cancel directly with the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center by calling 1-301-965-4000.
- Hotel cancellation notices received within 3 working days of arrival will be charged by the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center an amount equal to one night’s room plus tax.
Exhibitor Booth and Sponsorship Cancellations
- Cancellations before Tuesday, December 26, 2023 are 50% liable.
- Cancellations after Monday, March 25, 2024 are 100% liable.
- Vetted registrants in the media category are exempt from cancellation fees.
The health and safety of all Investment Summit participants remain our top priority. We are closely monitoring government mandates and policy changes and local and venue guidelines along with public health announcements. As information pertaining to the virus continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed and keep you up to date with new developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe environment for all participants.
- If you are using the Visa Waiver Program you must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel.
- We strongly advise that you educate yourself about visa requirements and apply for a visa or ESTA as soon as possible.
- Information for visa requests will be provided during the registration process.
- Once your application is approved, a visa letter will be generated and sent to the email address you provided during the registration process.
Will there be language interpretation at the Investment Summit?
Yes. All sessions in the Potomac Ballroom will be simultaneously interpreted in the following languages: Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided for any of the breakout or Investment Academy sessions.
May I request the assistance of an interpreter if I have sudden meetings?
SelectUSA does not provide interpreters outside the plenary sessions. However, there will be several volunteers and event staff (with red lanyards) available for assistance. If you need assistance in the networking area, you can reach out to the networking staff at the information desk or the volunteers onsite. Additionally, you may reach out to your delegation leads for possible assistance.
Can I bring my own interpreter?
Yes. You can bring your own interpreter, but you will have to pay for their registration fee, as well as any travel costs, etc. All interpreters must go through the vetting process.
Are meals included with my registration?
Yes, continental breakfast, lunch, and beverage breaks are included with registration for participants with a full Investment Summit pass. Breakfast and lunch will be provided Monday and Tuesday. Breakfast will be provided on Wednesday.
Note: There are many different food options onsite at the Gaylord National and in the surrounding area beyond what is provided at the Investment Summit. However, these food options are not included in registration.
Can non-Investment Summit participants join me for on-site meals?
No. Non-Investment Summit participants are not able to access Investment Summit spaces as they do not have a badge. If you are interested in dining with non-Investment Summit participants, there are other dining options available both on and offsite. However, we do encourage you to join meals to network with other attendees.
If I have dietary/religious preferences, can I make special meal requests?
If you listed a dietary restriction or requested a special meal during the online registration process, please identify yourself to a banquet server during breakfast and lunch. Please show your meal ticket to the server so the appropriate meal can be delivered to you. We are not able to accommodate onsite meal requests.
What is networking?
See the Networking page for information.
Will there be space for one-on-one meetings that are arranged?
Yes, there are many meeting areas that can be booked in advance via the SelectUSA ShoApp. In addition, there are many places, including the hotel lobby and Exhibition Hall, where participants can meet.
How do I best utilize the SelectUSA ShoApp?
Watch the video tutorials in the SelectUSA ShoApp or access the 2024 Networking User Guide. See the Networking page for information.
Where do I go to Access the SelectUSA ShoApp?
More instructions on how to utilize the SelectUSA ShoApp will be distributed when it launches in Spring 2024.
HOW TO REGISTER AND LOG-IN TO THE SelectUSA ShoApp
You must be registered and approved to attend the SelectUSA Investment Summit to be able to access the SelectUSA ShoApp.
Where is the lost and found?
Lost items can be returned to the Investment Summit registration and information desk. Once the Investment Summit ends, unclaimed items will be turned over to the Gaylord National Security Department.
What is the expected dress code for the Investment Summit?
You are expected to wear business attire and/or the equivalent of business attire from your market.
Where is smoking permitted?
The Gaylord National is a smoke-free property. The designated smoking areas are located outside the Atrium entrances and the circle in the hotel front drive.
Will there be Internet access?
Yes, complimentary wireless access is provided in all meeting spaces. We kindly request that you refrain from using this network for streaming video or other high-data activities.
Where is the business center located?
There is a FedEx business center located on the second floor, between the convention center and the hotel elevators.
What are the business center hours of operation?
- 24-hour self-serve internet access
- 24-hour self-serve copying, printing, and faxing with hotel room key
Hotel Floor Plan
Ballroom Level/Convention Center
- Plenary Sessions
National Harbor Level
- Investment Academy Sessions and Pitching Sessions
- Exhibition Hall
- SelectUSA Tech
- U.S. Government Resources
Where should I meet a bus for an offsite event?
The pick-up and drop-off location is located at the Maryland Bus Loop.
Shuttle Service Code - Available 5 days prior and 5 days post event.
A 5% discount for shared shuttle service has been made available for Investment Summit participants with SuperShuttle. This shuttle service is available from all area airports. Use the ”Reserve Now” Link below to make your shuttle reservation in advance or call SuperShuttle at +1 (800) 258-3826 and mention SelectUSA Investment Summit as the Group and KHC6Y as the booking code.Reserve Now
Please note that this discount does not apply to pre-existing reservations and cannot be applied retroactively.
- Quote: How much does it cost? Follow the link provided above, enter your airport and destination information, and click continue to see transportation options and relative pricing.
- Reservations by phone: For special reservation questions call 1-800 BLUE VAN (800-258-3826) available 24/7. Please note, phone reservations may incur a $3 booking fee.
- Locations: For a complete list of airports served, visit www.supershuttle.com/locations
Amtrak offers convenient train travel to Washington, D.C. and Alexandria, VA. The historic Union Station in downtown Washington is 10.7 miles (17.2 km) to the Gaylord National. The Amtrak station in Alexandria, VA is a 6-mile (9.7 km) drive to the hotel.
Nearest Metro Station?
The Eisenhower Ave Metro station on the Yellow Line is the closest Metro station to the hotel. Exit the station and walk northwest toward Eisenhower Ave. Turn right onto Eisenhower Ave, and then turn left onto Mill Rd until you see the Mill Rd & Eisenhower Ave bus stop. Take the NH2 from here to the St George Blvd & Waterfront St stop and walk the remaining way to the Gaylord National, located at 201 Waterfront Street National Harbor, MD 20745.
Car rentals are available at each airport and at Union Station. Visit the airport and station websites for more information. Hertz Car Rental has a location at the Gaylord National.
Is parking available at the Gaylord National?
On-site parking fee (as of October 2023 – subject to change):Self-parking: USD $36 (per day + tax)
If you are staying at the hotel, you will receive a $10 per-day discount off of parking. If you are not staying at the hotel will be able to pick up a $10 off discount voucher at the Investment Summit Registration desk each day.
Valet parking: USD $59 (per day + tax)
Where should I be dropped off by a taxi or rideshare service?
Please instruct your taxi or rideshare service to drop you off at the main entrance of the Gaylord National: 201 Waterfront Street National Harbor, MD 20745.
Will taxis or ridesharing services be available at the Gaylord National?
Yes, taxis and rideshare services are available. However, there may be waiting periods during peak hours, so please plan accordingly. The taxi line will be located at the lobby-level entrance.
More Travel Information
For more information, please visit the Gaylord National’s website.
Press and Publicity
Will there be press on site?
Yes, we actively recruit press to cover the Investment Summit.
How can I get press coverage for my company/organization?
There is a box you can check in the registration process that indicates if you are open to press opportunities. If you opt in at registration, we will share your contact information with all registered media contacts in advance of the Investment Summit. There is also a press room on site if you want to drop off press releases or other materials.
What if I do not want to talk to press?
You are under no obligation to speak with reporters during the Investment Summit.
Where can I do an interview on site?
We will have a designated area for interviews, but you are welcome to conduct interviews anywhere that does not interfere with Investment Summit programming.
What other publicity opportunities are available?
We love hearing about your Investment Summit experience on social media! Please get involved in the conversation using #SelectUSASummit.
Call for Speakers, Collateral Events, and Spinoff Events
How can I submit an idea or proposal for the Investment Summit?
The 2024 Call for Speakers closed on September 29, 2023.
If you submitted a proposal or a speaker name, you will be notified of the status of your submission by email in early 2024. SelectUSA and the United States Department of Commerce reserve the right to edit, combine, use all or portions of submissions for Investment Summit programming (including, but not limited to, speaker selection).
Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal for a speaker or session.
We are grateful for your contributions to the Investment Summit programming.
I would like to host a meeting or event during the Investment Summit. Can you help me find a location?
Yes. If you need event space, you may request rooms onsite or at neighboring venues for various events, including:
- Meet and Greets
For more information, click here.
What is a Spinoff Event?
SelectUSA Spinoffs are events that take place before or after the SelectUSA Investment Summit in different locations across the U.S. The events are organized by EDOs and feature an array of industry sectors and offer real time investment opportunities for international companies.
For more information, click here.
Exhibitor Logistics & Information
Click here for details.