Frequently Asked QuestionsPrint FAQ
Registration & Application
Thank you for your interest in attending the 2023 SelectUSA Investment Summit.
Registration is now at capacity.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
What to Know Before Applying
Registration RatesRegular Rate US$1,095: Begins March 1, 2023
SelectUSA Tech Regular Rate US$775: Begins December 31, 2022
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION?
- Access to exhibition hall
- Access to 100+ focused sessions on FDI
- Access to workshops, networking receptions, and more
- Access to Plenary Sessions
- Access to Investment Summit virtual platform
- Access to attendee database
- Access to networking platform
- Ability to contact attendees (within the platform)
- Email support
STEP 1: PREPARE
Before beginning the application process, prepare yourself by reviewing the information on this page and connecting with the U.S. Commercial Service team in your local market if needed.
STEP 2: APPLY
Registration is now at capacity.
STEP 3: STAY INFORMED
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of application. The email will provide instructions to access the application system and check on acceptance status.
- Status notifications will be sent on a rolling basis beginning in November 2022.
- Notifications of approval or denial will occur within 14 business days of applying, after initial notifications are sent.
STEP 4: PAYMENT
Registrations are considered final once payment is received.Credit Card
A credit card number may be provided during the application process. If an applicant chooses to pay by credit card, payment will be held and only processed once the application is approved and accepted.Check or Money Order
Applicants who select to pay via check have 15 business days from the approval date for payment to be sent and received. All checks MUST be received by Thursday, March 30, 2023.
In the case payment is not received within the stated time, you risk losing your approval status.
If you have any issues with the processing of your payment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 5: BOOK A HOTEL ROOM
- SelectUSA has confirmed a block of rooms at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center for approved applicants. Most room blocks are at GSA per diem, which is currently US$258 per day (plus applicable taxes). The hotel rates are valid until the room blocks are sold out or until 11:59 p.m. EDT, on Friday, April 7, 2023.
- Applicants will receive information on how to book a hotel room under the SelectUSA room block upon completion of their application. Only approved applicants will be eligible for a hotel room within the SelectUSA Investment Summit room block. The Investment Summit planning team has the right to cancel reservations for declined applicants.
- Once a hotel room has been booked, guests will receive an email confirmation to the email address that was provided during the hotel booking process from the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center. If there are any special requests or changes that need to be noted, please reach out directly to the Gaylord.
- Please check your spam folder in case a registration confirmation was not received. An attendee can access their confirmation number inside their SelectUSA Investment Summit Portal (as long as they made the reservation through the portal).
- Note: If an attendee needs to make any changes to a confirmed hotel room, use the "Manage Hotel Reservation" link inside their attendee registration portal.
STEP 6: NETWORKING
Approved attendees will receive instructions for the networking platform during the Investment Summit. Networking will begin in Spring 2023.
Applicants who have been denied acceptance due to a perceived mistake, or other criteria, may appeal the decision by following the process below.Send Appeal to: SUSASummitVetting@trade.gov
Appeal Subject Line: “APPEAL” must be the first word in the subject line.
Appeals must include the following information, based on application type. All applicants should include detailed documentation to support their appeal.
- International Firms – Detailed plans for investment in the United States or plans to explore investment opportunities.
- Service Providers – Anticipated role as a service provider, including the specific services that would be provided to assist EDOs or international companies to facilitate foreign direct investment in the United States.
- Media – Detailed information on the scope, reach, and readership/viewership of your media outlet and reference to prior reporting on investment or related topics.
- Sponsors – Detailed background of the organization, including company executives, and clear explanation of motivations for sponsoring the SelectUSA Investment Summit.
- International Trade Associations – Detailed information on how the association helps organizations that are seeking to invest in the United States.
Who is the Investment Summit for?
Representatives from the following types of organizations will greatly benefit from attending the SelectUSA Investment Summit:
- Investors, including representatives of international businesses of all sizes, that are seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States
- Representatives of U.S. economic development organizations
- Representatives from U.S. state and local governments
- Advisors, service providers, companies, chambers of commerce, and associations facilitating FDI into the United State
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE INVESTMENT SUMMIT?
The SelectUSA Investment Summit is a time-saving mechanism for investors who are interested in establishing or expanding operations in the United States. Take advantage of these opportunities:
- Connections – Connect with fellow investors, service providers, and government officials who may share tools, tricks of the trade and lessons learned about investing in the United States.
- Networking – Set up meetings with economic development professionals, service providers, and government leaders through our robust online networking program.
- Education – Learn more about how, where, and why to invest in the United States. Hear about innovative resources and incentives directly from federal, state, and local officials.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME TO CHECK IN AND GET MY BADGE?
Participants must bring government-issued photo identification. To speed up badge pickup, participants are encouraged to bring a copy of their "Know Before You Go" email with the unique QR code to the registration and information desk. Attendees may also bring a digital copy of this email on a phone/tablet device.
HOW CAN I ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION ON MY BADGE IS CORRECT BEFORE THE INVESTMENT SUMMIT?
Information will be pulled directly from the online registration form. If a name was entered in capital letters, it will appear in capital letters on the badge.
Please check your confirmation email for the personal identification information that will be printed on the badge.
To make changes to your badge information, please notify Customer Service email@example.com.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOSE MY BADGE?
If a participant loses their badge, they will need to go to the main Investment Summit registration and information desk. The registration desk staff will check to see if any badges have been turned in. If not, the participant can leave their contact information in the event the badge is returned. Unfortunately, due to security restrictions, new badges will not be issued if a participant loses theirs. Participants should take extra care to safeguard their badge to ensure access to all events at the Investment Summit.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation requests received by Friday, March 3, 2023 will be refunded, minus a US$125 admin fee. Cancellation requests received after March 3, 2023 will not receive a refund. Credit card refunds will be processed within two weeks of receipt. Check refunds will be processed four weeks after the conference ends.
- If your U.S. visa is denied, your application fee will be refunded minus the US$125 admin fee.
- All requests to transfer a payment to another approved applicant outside of your organization must be received no later than Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:59 p.m. EDT. New applicants must apply to attend the Investment Summit and be approved by SelectUSA before the funds can be transferred between approved registrants. Once the funds are transferred to the new approved applicant, the original registration will be cancelled. Questions regarding the transfer of payment to another individual can be sent to email@example.com.
- Name substitutions are allowed until Wednesday, April 12, 2023. All name substitutions must be within the same company as the original applicant. New names must be vetted by SelectUSA before a final registration is confirmed.
- Within (3) days of the Investment Summit, if a registrant needs to cancel because of a COVID-19 infection or due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, please email documentation of a positive COVID test or official documentation detailing the travel restrictions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once documentation is verified and approved, Show Management will refund the application fee minus the US$125 admin fee.
- Attendee hotel cancellation notice received 3 working days prior to arrival will receive a refund equal to the deposit paid. You must cancel directly with the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center by calling 1-301-965-4000.
- Attendee hotel cancellation notice received within 3 working days of arrival will be charged by the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center an amount equal to one night’s room plus tax.
Exhibitor Booth and Sponsorship Cancellations
- Cancellations before Friday, March 3, 2023 are 50% liable.
- Cancellations March 4, 2023 and after are 100% liable.
- Vetted registrants in the media category are exempt from cancellation fees.
The health and safety of all Investment Summit participants remain our top priority. We are closely monitoring government mandates and policy changes and local and venue guidelines along with public health announcements. As information pertaining to the virus continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed and keep you up to date with new developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe environment for all participants.
- Travelers using the Visa Waiver Program must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel.
- We strongly advise all applicants to educate themselves about visa requirements and to apply for a visa or ESTA as soon as possible.
- Information for visa requests will be provided during the registration process.
- Once an application is approved, a visa letter will be generated and sent to the email address provided during the registration process.
Will there be language interpretation at the Investment Summit?
Yes. All sessions in the Potomac Ballroom will be simultaneously interpreted in the following languages: Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided for any of the breakout or Investment Academy sessions.
May I request the assistance of an interpreter if I have sudden meetings?
SelectUSA does not provide interpreters outside the plenary sessions. However, there will be several volunteers and event staff (with red lanyards) available for assistance. If you need assistance in the networking area, you can reach out to the networking staff at the information desk or the volunteers onsite. Additionally, you may reach out to your delegation leads for possible assistance.
Can I bring my own interpreter?
Yes. You can bring your own interpreter, but you will have to pay for their registration fee, as well as any travel costs, etc. All interpreters must go through the vetting process.
Are meals included with my registration?
Yes, continental breakfast, lunch, and beverage breaks are included with registration for participants with a full Investment Summit pass. Breakfast and lunch will be provided Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Note: There are many different food options onsite at the Gaylord National and in the surrounding area beyond what is provided at the Investment Summit. However, these food options are not included in registration.
Can non-Investment Summit participants join me for onsite meals?
No. Non-Investment Summit participants are not able to access Investment Summit spaces as they do not have a badge. If you are interested in dining with non-Investment Summit participants, there are other dining options available both on and offsite. However, we do encourage participants to join meals to network with other attendees.
If I have dietary/religious preferences, can I make special meal requests?
If you listed a dietary restriction or requested a special meal during the online registration process, please identify yourself to a banquet server during breakfast and lunch. Please show your meal ticket to the server so the appropriate meal can be delivered to you. We are not able to accommodate onsite meal requests.
Where is the lost and found?
Lost items can be returned to the Investment Summit registration and information desk. Once the Investment Summit ends, unclaimed items will be turned over to the Gaylord National Security Department.
What is the expected dress code for the Investment Summit?
Attendees are expected to wear business attire and/or the equivalent of business attire from attendee markets.
Where is smoking permitted?
The Gaylord National is a smoke-free property. The designated smoking areas are located outside the Atrium entrances and the circle in the hotel front drive.
Is the internet accessible by all Investment Summit attendees?
Yes, complimentary wireless access is provided in all meeting spaces. We kindly request that participants refrain from using this network for streaming video or other high-data activities.
Where is the business center located?
There is a FedEx business center located on the second floor, between the convention center and the hotel elevators.
What are the business center hours of operation?
- 24-hour self-serve internet access
- 24-hour self-serve copying, printing, and faxing with hotel room key
Hotel Floor Plan
Ballroom Level/Hotel Side
- Academy Sessions
Ballroom Level/Convention Center
- Plenary Sessions
- Exhibition Hall
- SelectUSA Tech
- USG Resources
Where should I meet a bus for an offsite event?
The pick-up and drop-off location is located at the Woodrow Wilson Bus Loop.
A 5% discount for shared shuttle service has been made available for Investment Summit participants with SuperShuttle. This shuttle service is available from all area airports. Use the ”Reserve Now” Link below to make your shuttle reservation in advance or call SuperShuttle at +1 (800) 258-3826 and mention SelectUSA Investment Summit as the Group and KHC6Y as the booking code.Reserve Now
Please note that this discount does not apply to pre-existing reservations and cannot be applied retroactively.
- Quote: How much does it cost? Follow the link provided above, enter your airport and destination information, and click continue to see transportation options and relative pricing.
- Reservations by phone: For special reservation questions call 1-800 BLUE VAN (800-258-3826) available 24/7. Please note, phone reservations may incur a $3 booking fee.
- Locations: For a complete list of airports served, visit www.supershuttle.com/locations
Amtrak offers convenient train travel to Washington, D.C. and Alexandria, VA. The historic Union Station in downtown Washington is 10.7 miles (17.2 km) to the Gaylord National. The Amtrak station in Alexandria, VA is a 6-mile (9.7 km) drive to the hotel.
Nearest Metro Station?
The Eisenhower Ave Metro station on the Yellow Line is the closest Metro station to the hotel. Exit the station and walk northwest toward Eisenhower Ave. Turn right onto Eisenhower Ave, and then turn left onto Mill Rd until you see the Mill Rd & Eisenhower Ave bus stop. Take the NH2 from here to the St George Blvd & Waterfront St stop and walk the remaining way to the Gaylord National, located at 201 Waterfront Street National Harbor, MD 20745.
Car rentals are available at each airport and at Union Station. Visit the airport and station websites for more information. Hertz Car Rental has a location at the Gaylord National.
Is parking available at the Gaylord National?
On-site parking fee (as of September 2023 – subject to change):Self-parking: US$33 (per day + tax)
SelectUSA Investment Summit attendees staying at the hotel will receive a $10 per-day discount off of parking. Attendees not staying at the hotel will be able to pick up a $10 off discount voucher at the Investment Summit Registration desk each day.
Valet parking: US$54 (per day + tax)
Where should I be dropped off by a taxi or rideshare service?
Please instruct your taxi or rideshare service to drop you off at the main entrance of the Gaylord National: 201 Waterfront Street National Harbor, MD 20745.
Will taxis or ridesharing services be available at the Gaylord National?
Yes, taxis and rideshare services are available. However, there may be waiting periods during peak hours, so please plan accordingly. The taxi line will be located at the lobby-level entrance.
More Travel Information
For more information, please visit the Gaylord National’s website.
Press and Publicity
Will there be press on site?
Yes, we actively recruit press to cover the Investment Summit.
How can I get press coverage for my company/organization?
There is a box you can check in the registration process that indicates if you are open to press opportunities. If you opt in at registration, we will share your contact information with all registered media contacts in advance of the Investment Summit. There is also a press room on site if you want to drop off press releases or other materials.
What if I do not want to talk to press?
You are under no obligation to speak with reporters during the Investment Summit.
Where can I do an interview on site?
We will have a designated area for interviews, but you are welcome to conduct interviews anywhere that does not interfere with Investment Summit programming.
What other publicity opportunities are available?
We love hearing about your Investment Summit experience on social media! Please get involved in the conversation using #SelectUSASummit.