About the SelectUSA Investment Summit
The SelectUSA Investment Summit is the highest profile event in the United States to facilitate business investment by connecting thousands of investors, companies, economic development organizations (EDOs), and industry experts to make deals happen.
Hosted by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Investment Summit is a one-stop shop for companies considering expanding to the United States and provides EDOs with the opportunity to meet directly with international companies to facilitate investment deals. Since inception, SelectUSA Investment Summits have attracted thousands of international companies and economic development representatives generating over $98 billion in new investment projects supporting more than 81,000 jobs across the United States and its territories. The previous SelectUSA Investment Summit saw record-breaking numbers with more than 4,900 participants, including EDO representatives from 55 U.S. states and territories and over 2,300 business investors from 83 international markets.
Join us at the 10th SelectUSA Investment Summit at the National Harbor, Maryland from June 23 - 26, 2024, to establish new connections and explore business opportunities through investing in the United States.
Who should apply to attend the Investment Summit?
Anyone can apply to attend the SelectUSA Investment Summit! However, we find groups benefitting the most from attending are:
- seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States.
- Representatives from U.S. economic development organizations (EDOs) and U.S. state and local governments seeking to attract business investment.
- Business advisors, service providers, companies, chambers of commerce, and associations facilitating FDI into the United States.
There is opportunity at every turn at the SelectUSA Investment Summit! In addition to the plenary sessions, armchair discussions, panels, academy sessions, pitching sessions, and programs on our traditional agenda, participants can expect to:
- Explore the exhibition hall featuring hundreds of EDOs, service providers, industry experts, and international tech startups.
- Connect with representatives from 50+ states and territories, companies from 80+ markets, industry experts, and government officials to make your investment deals happen.
- Gather advice and information from policy and industry experts in 100+ sessions providing you with actionable instruction on everything from developing a workforce to understanding incentives.
- Form valuable partnerships with industry partners from across the United States.
The United States is a land of diverse opportunities; our large consumer market, ease of doing business, workforce, technologies, landscapes and natural resources, and funding sources are vast and varied. This diversity means there are opportunities for companies of all shapes and sizes.
Investors who are interested in establishing or expanding operations in the United States will save time by attending the SelectUSA Investment Summit. As an investor, you will:
- Connect with fellow investors, service providers, economic development organizations (EDOs), and government officials with U.S. investment experience.
- Network with other Investment Summit attendees in person and through our virtual platform and networking app.
- Learn more about how, where, and why to invest in the United States, information made available in our formal agenda sessions.
U.S. EDOs can serious business investors who are seeking to establish or expand their business operations in the United States. Through Investment Summit attendance, EDOs will:
- Connect with other EDOs, service providers, and government officials with experience attracting investment domestically.
- Network with potential investors both in person and through our virtual platform and networking app.
- Learn about the latest investment trends and resources to help you reach more investors.
- Promote your locale as a U.S. investment location in the exhibition hall.
2023 SelectUSA Investment Summit Numbers
SelectUSA is the U.S. government program led by the U.S. Department of Commerce that focuses on facilitating job-creating business investment into the United States and raising awareness of the critical role that economic development plays in the U.S. economy. Since its inception, SelectUSA has assisted thousands of clients, including EDOs, domestic firms, and international companies, facilitating over $196 billion in client-verified investment, supporting more than 198,000 jobs across the United States and its territories.