June 7-11, 2021
SelectUSA TechThe SelectUSA Tech program connects early-stage and startup technology companies to prospects for advancement in the U.S. market. The 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit will feature exciting opportunities and programming for SelectUSA Tech participants at a discounted rate of $600 USD (In-Person) or $400 USD (Limited Virtual Programming), including:
- Exhibit products and or services at a branded booth, with the opportunity to upload a three-minute in-depth product/service demo video;
- Apply to pitch in front of a panel of judges and an audience;
- Participate in workshops on how to finance and scale your startup;
- Tune into SelectUSA Tech Investment Academy Sessions on investment trends and opportunities in key industry subsectors, as well as on topics like smart cities, soft-landing programs, startup ecosystems in the United States, and more;
- Utilize the networking app and website to set up one-on-one meetings with economic development officials, accelerators, incubators, and others; and
- Join invite-only networking opportunities.
Companies interested in applying for SelectUSA Tech must fit the following criteria:
- Less than 10 years old (founded on or after January 1, 2012)
- Up to $10 million in annual revenue
- Up to 40 total employees
- Developing a new technology product or service, or delivering an existing technology to a market in new ways
- Planning to expand to the U.S. within the next 2-3 years
Incubators and accelerators, private equity investors and venture capitalists, and other startup ecosystem representatives can qualify for a discounted rate to participate in the Investment Summit as a Tech Partner. To apply, email SUSAEvents@trade.gov.
Private equity investors and venture capitalists interested in judging the SelectUSA Tech Pitching Sessions can email SUSAEvents@trade.gov to get involved.
ApplyIn-Person: $600 USD
Limited Virtual Programming: $400 USD
Startup Pitching SessionsApply now to participate in the Industry Pitching Sessions for tech startups at the 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit. Applications are due by 11:59 pm EDT on Friday, May 6, 2022.
Industry sessions offered include the following categories:
- eCommerce & Retail Tech
The 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit will also feature regional pitching sessions. Startups who win an in-market pitching event in their country or region, held in select markets in the months leading up to the Investment Summit, will receive an invite to compete against other winners from their region during the Investment Summit.
Companies in all pitching sessions will make their pitch in front of an audience of Investment Summit attendees and a panel of 3-4 judges, including venture capitalists, corporate investors, representatives from startup ecosystems, and industry experts. All pitches are limited to four minutes, followed by two minutes of Q&A from the panel.
Startup Pitch Session Application ProcessApplications due by 11:59 pm EDT on Friday, May 6, 2022.
While filling out the registration form for the Investment Summit, eligible startups will be asked if they would like to apply to pitch in an industry session. Answer “yes” to this question to access the application to pitch in an industry session.
Note: The application to attend the SelectUSA Investment Summit and the application to pitch are separate applications. Companies may be approved to attend the Investment Summit without receiving a spot to pitch.
Pitch proposals will be judged on the following factors:
- Adherence to the requested format and length
- Strength and clarity of responses
- Companies who successfully demonstrate U.S. market-readiness will receive priority consideration
We may contact applicants directly if more information is needed.
Startups accepted to pitch will be notified in late May.
By applying, you authorize the U.S. Department of Commerce to share submitted information with partners involved in the pitching session process.
Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship NetworkSelectUSA Tech programming features a series geared towards international female founders, entrepreneurs, and executives in the tech sector, called the Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship Network. The program aims to promote American competitiveness and technology leadership by attracting talented female leaders in emerging technology sectors to spur economic growth and innovation, as well as to support women’s economic empowerment globally.
Any SelectUSA Tech participant who identifies as female is eligible to participate in the Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship Network, which is a six-month long program that formally launches at the Investment Summit and offers:
- Matchmaking with an experienced, successful mentor who will hold 1-on-1 meetings at least three times during the program;
- Mentors will help mentees develop a market entry strategy, tailor their product and promotion for the U.S. market, and overcome other obstacles and challenges;
- Educational content such as workshops and webinars;
- An exclusive networking platform to network and meet with peers; and
- Chances to hear from successful global female founders.
Select Global Women in Tech mentees also have access to all the benefits and opportunities offered to SelectUSA Tech participants during the Investment Summit, including broader networking opportunities available at the Investment Summit.
Interested mentees should indicate their interest on their application to attend the 2022 Investment Summit. Any SelectUSA Tech participant approved to attend the Investment Summit who identifies as female and indicated their interest will be registered as a mentee.
Interested mentors can find more information and a link to apply here. For any questions, email SUSAEvents@trade.gov.
Stay Up to DateSign up for email updates to stay up to date on the Investment Summit! We also encourage you to follow @SelectUSA on Twitter. For additional questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the SelectUSA team.
SIGN ME UPFOLLOW @SELECTUSACONTACT US
What Happened in 2021
Pitching Moonshot to investors and winning first place at SelectUSA Tech was critical to our international expansion strategy.