The SelectUSA Tech program serves eligible international tech startups developing innovative technology products/services and planning to expand to the U.S. market within the next 2-3 years.
We provide services to support their U.S. expansion efforts and create space for them to make connections to the U.S. startup ecosystem.
To engage with SelectUSA Tech, startups must be:
- Headquartered outside the United States, and
- Developing innovative technology products/services, and
- Looking to the United States market for expansion within the next 2-3 years.
SelectUSA Tech startups must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- 0-10 years old (Founded on/after January 1, 2014)
- 0-40 employees
- $0-10M in annual revenue
2024 SelectUSA Investment Summit
The 2024 SelectUSA Investment Summit will feature exciting opportunities and programming, including:
- Exclusive space in the SelectUSA Tech Pavilion to present, share, and network their tech product and/or service
- Informational sessions on investment trends and opportunities in key industry subsectors, and more
- Tech industry pitching sessions featuring selected applicants, a panel of judges and an audience
- Networking opportunities:
- in the SelectUSA Tech Pavilion in the Exhibition Hall,
- on the Virtual Platform, and
- in industry networking sessions
- Exclusive opportunities for Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship Network participants
How to Apply to Attend the Investment Summit
Tech startups interested in attending the Investment Summit can apply using the SelectUSA Tech registration type.
Discounted registration is available for eligible early-stage tech startups. Additional details are available on the Investment Summit application.
Representatives of the U.S. Startup Ecosystem may qualify for a discounted rate to participate in the Investment Summit. To apply, email SUSAEvents@trade.gov.
Pitching Sessions at the Investment Summit
SelectUSA Tech participants have the opportunity to apply to pitch in one of eight pitching sessions at the Investment Summit.
The Investment Summit will feature the following industry pitching sessions:
- Open Tech
Each industry topic will have two pitching sessions, for a total of eight industry pitching sessions.
The 2024 SelectUSA Investment Summit will also feature a World Finals Pitching Session. Winners from each pitching session will compete in one final round on the Exhibition Hall stage.
Selected tech startups in all pitching sessions will pitch in front of an audience of Investment Summit attendees and a panel of 3-4 judges, which may include venture capitalists, corporate investors, representatives from startup ecosystems, and industry experts. All pitches are limited to four minutes, followed by two minutes of questions from the panel.
Call for Pitching Session Judges: Please submit your interest to judge a Pitching Session at the 2024 Investment Summit. We will reach out to you directly. For any questions, please email SUSAEvents@trade.gov.
How to Apply to Pitch
While completing your 2024 SelectUSA Investment Summit application, you will be asked if you would like to apply to pitch in an industry session. Answer “yes” to this question to access the pitching application.
To be considered, your complete Investment Summit application, including your application to pitch, must be submitted by May 17, 2024, at 5:00pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Receiving approval to attend the Investment Summit does not guarantee a spot to pitch.
Companies accepted to pitch will be notified in early June.
SelectUSA provides year-round services to support tech startups in their U.S. expansion efforts, including:
- Geographically neutral data and counseling services
- Connections to federal agencies and our vast network of economic development organizations
- Access to the Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship Network (for women)
- Networking opportunities, onsite at the Investment Summit, and through year-round programming
We create the space for SelectUSA Tech startups to make connections to the U.S. startup ecosystem, including with:
- service providers
- support organizations (accelerators/ incubators)
- universities/research organizations
- funding organizations
While we create opportunities for connections to various organizations, we do not guarantee any connections or access to funding sources.