SelectUSA Tech creates opportunities to connect early-stage and startup technology companies to prospects for advancement in the U.S. market. The 2023 SelectUSA Investment Summit will feature exciting opportunities and programming for SelectUSA Tech participants at a discounted rate
- Exclusive space in the SelectUSA Tech Networking Pavilion to network, share, and present your tech product and/or service;
- An opportunity to apply to pitch in front of a panel of judges and an audience;
- Attend SelectUSA Tech Investment Academy Sessions on investment trends and opportunities in key industry subsectors, as well as on topics like soft-landing programs, startup ecosystems in the United States, and more;
- Utilize the networking app to set up one-on-one meetings with economic development officials, accelerators, incubators, and others; and
- Join invite-only networking opportunities
Companies interested in applying for SelectUSA Tech
must fit the following criteria:
- Less than 10 years old (founded on or after January 1, 2013)
- Up to $10 million in annual revenue
- Up to 40 total employees
- Developing a new technology product or service, or delivering an existing technology to a market in new ways
- Planning to expand to the U.S. within the next 2-3 years
Wonderful event that provides opportunity for startup companies from overseas. Provides all you need in one location.
Venture capitalists and other investors, incubators and accelerators, and other startup ecosystem representatives
- 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit Tech Participant
can qualify for a discounted rate to participate in the Investment Summit as a Tech Partner. To apply, email SUSAEvents@trade.gov
Any SelectUSA Tech participant who identifies as female is eligible to participate in the Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship Network, a six-month-long program that formally launches at the Investment Summit.
In addition to the exclusive Mentorship Network, Select Global Women in Tech mentees have access to all the benefits and opportunities offered to SelectUSA Tech participants during the Investment Summit, including broader networking opportunities available at the Investment Summit.
Visit our Select Global Women in Tech page to learn more.
Interested in SelectUSA Tech or Select Global Women in Tech, but don’t fit the criteria?
Join our mailing list to stay informed about our public programming.
Pitching Sessions at the Investment Summit
As a SelectUSA Tech participant, you have the opportunity to apply
to pitch at the Industry Pitching Sessions.
While completing your 2023 Investment Summit application, eligible startups will be asked if you would like to apply to pitch in an industry session. Answer “yes” to this question to access the pitch proposal application. Your application to pitch must be complete. Edits and updates will not be permitted. Your Investment Summit application and your application to pitch must be submitted by March 24, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
The pitching sessions will include the following categories:
The 2023 SelectUSA Investment Summit will feature a World Finals Pitching Session. Winners from each Industry Pitching Session and the Regional Pitching Sessions will compete in one final round on the Exhibition Hall stage.
If you are a female founder, SelectUSA will be hosting an exclusive Women in Tech Peer-to-Peer Pitching Session Workshop. This is open on a rolling basis with a limited number of seats available. When prompted on your Investment Summit application, select "yes" to indicate your interest in participating.
In the months leading up to the Investment Summit, in-market pitching events will be held in select markets. Startups that win an in-market pitching event will be eligible to pitch at the Regional Pitching Sessions at the 2023 Investment Summit.
Companies in all pitching sessions will pitch in front of an audience of Investment Summit attendees and a panel of 3-4 judges, which may consist of venture capitalists, corporate investors, representatives from startup ecosystems, and industry experts. All pitches are limited to 4 minutes, followed by 2 minutes of questions from the panel.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST APPLY TO ATTEND THE INVESTMENT SUMMIT.
Note: Receiving approval to attend the SelectUSA Investment Summit does not guarantee a spot to pitch. Applications to pitch will be considered through a separate process from applications to attend the Investment Summit. Companies may be approved to attend the Investment Summit without receiving a spot to pitch.
Pitch proposals will be judged on the following factors:
- Adherence to the requested format and length
- Strength and clarity of responses
- Companies that successfully demonstrate U.S. market readiness will receive priority consideration
We may contact applicants directly if more information is needed.
Startups accepted to pitch will be notified in late April. By submitting your pitch proposal application, you authorize the U.S. Department of Commerce to share submitted information with partners involved in the pitching session process.
Call for Pitching Session Judges
The Call for Pitching Session Judges closed on March 8, 2023.
Thank you to everyone who submitted interest in judging.
For any questions, please email SUSAEvents@trade.gov