SelectUSA TechThe SelectUSA Tech program connects early-stage and startup companies to prospects for advancement in the U.S. market. The 2020 SelectUSA Investment Summit from June 1-3 will feature exciting opportunities and programming for SelectUSA Tech participants at a discounted rate of $500, including:
- Exhibit products/services at a branded booth;
- Apply to pitch in front of a panel of judges and an audience;
- Participate in workshops on fundraising and scaling;
- Learn about expansion into the United States and the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the United States from panels of experts;
- Utilize the matchmaking app and website to set up one-on-one meetings with economic development officials, accelerators, incubators, and others;
- Join an invite-only networking reception on May 31 and breakfast on June 2; and
- Apply to attend SelectUSA Tech Spinoff Events in innovation hubs across the United States before or after the Investment Summit.
Companies interested in applying for SelectUSA Tech must fit the following criteria:
- Less than 8 years old
- Up to $10 million in revenue
- Up to 40 employees
- Developing a new technology product or service, or delivering an existing technology to a market in new ways
Incubators and accelerators can qualify for a discounted rate to participate in the Investment Summit as a Tech Partner. To apply, email SUSAEvents@trade.gov.
Private equity investors and venture capitalists interested in judging the SelectUSA Tech Pitching Sessions on June 1, 2020 can email SUSAEvents@trade.gov to get involved.
Startup Pitch Sessions - Call for ApplicationsThe SelectUSA Tech planning team is accepting applications through May 1, 2020 for the Startup Pitch Sessions on June 1 from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Selected companies will participate in one session in the following categories:
- Health IT
Companies will make their pitch in front of an audience of Investment Summit attendees and a panel of 4-6 judges, including venture capitalists, corporate investors, and other experts. All pitches are limited to four minutes, followed by two minutes of Q&A from the panel.
Note: Only companies approved to attend the 2020 SelectUSA Investment Summit under the SelectUSA Tech program are eligible to participate in the pitching sessions. Please apply to attend the Investment Summit before applying to pitch.
Check Out These SessionsThe 2020 Investment Summit will include sessions on a wide variety of topics related to startup expansion and success, including:
- Corporate Innovation
- Emerging Trends with Business Analytics and Startups
- Entrepreneur Ecosystems
- Scaling your Startup
- Smart Cities
- Soft Landing Programs
- Startup Funding and Financing: Accelerating your Business
- Startup Success Stories
- Research & Development (R&D) Trends
- Transformative Technologies
Check Out These LocationsMake the most of your time in the United States by attending a tech-focused Spinoff Event. Find the local knowledge, connections, and resources necessary to turn your investment plans into reality.
Stay Up to DateOne of the best ways to stay in the Investment Summit know: sign up for email updates! We also encourage you to follow SelectUSA on Twitter. For additional questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the SelectUSA team.
SIGN ME UPFOLLOW @SELECTUSACONTACT US
What Happened in 2019
Pitching Moonshot to investors and winning first place at SelectUSA Tech was critical to our international expansion strategy.
From the 2019 Investment Summit Academy: Startup Sessions
This panel discussion from the 2019 SelectUSA Investment Summit Academy breaks down how companies can access that capital and includes success stories.
In this video: Emily Miller, Policy Advisor, Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, U.S. Economic Development Administration; Allie Burns, Chief Executive Officer, Village Capital; Tim Hwang, CEO, FiscalNote; Julie Lenzer, Chief Innovation Officer, University of Maryland, College Park; and Lindsay Karas Stencel, COO and Fund Manager, Launch NY Inc
How do you expand a startup in the United States? Where do you start? These panelists have asked those questions and had them answered successfully. Hear their stories!
In this video: Ellen Bateman, Director for U.S. Ecosystems, Global Entrepreneurship Network; Meirav Naor Weinstock, Co-founder and Chief Business Development Officer, IMNA Solutions; Mandy Sebel, Senior Vice President, Head of People - Americas, UiPath; Charity Weeden, Senior Advisor, Strategy and Policy, Astroscale