June 7-11, 2021
Startup Pitching Sessions
Apply now to participate in the Industry Pitching Sessions for tech startups at the 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit. Applications are due by 11:59 pm EDT on Friday, May 6, 2022.
Industry sessions offered include the following categories:
- eCommerce & Retail Tech
The 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit will also feature regional pitching sessions. Startups who win an in-market pitching event in their country or region, held in select markets in the months leading up to the Investment Summit, will receive an invite to compete against other winners from their region during the Investment Summit.
Companies in all pitching sessions will make their pitch in front of an audience of Investment Summit attendees and a panel of 3-4 judges, including venture capitalists, corporate investors, representatives from startup ecosystems, and industry experts. All pitches are limited to four minutes, followed by two minutes of Q&A from the panel.
Startup Pitch Session Application ProcessApplications due by 11:59 pm EDT on Friday, May 6, 2022.
While filling out the registration form for the Investment Summit, eligible startups will be asked if they would like to apply to pitch in an industry session. Answer “yes” to this question to access the application to pitch in an industry session.
Note: The application to attend the SelectUSA Investment Summit and the application to pitch are separate applications. Companies may be approved to attend the Investment Summit without receiving a spot to pitch.
Pitch proposals will be judged on the following factors:
- Adherence to the requested format and length
- Strength and clarity of responses
- Companies who successfully demonstrate U.S. market-readiness will receive priority consideration
We may contact applicants directly if more information is needed.
Startups accepted to pitch will be notified in late May.
By applying, you authorize the U.S. Department of Commerce to share submitted information with partners involved in the pitching session process.
Judging the SelectUSA Tech Startup Pitch SessionsStartups accepted to pitch will receive further guidance from SelectUSA on how pitches will be judged before the Investment Summit.
Pitches will be judged on the following criteria:
- Management Team – Does the startup’s leadership and advisory team demonstrate experience and competence?
- Product Strength – What problem does the product/service solve? Is it practical and scalable? What makes it different from others on the market?
- Market Analysis – Is there a genuine need for the product/service? How well-defined is the target market?
- Business Model – How does the company plan to become profitable? Is there a developed business plan and traction?
- U.S. Market Readiness – Does the startup demonstrate their product/service is ready for the U.S. market? Have they clearly thought through their market entry strategy and/or what their next steps are?
- Presentation Flow – Was the presenter compelling and concise? Did the pitch adhere to the time limit?
- Responses to Questions – Was the presenter prepared to answer judges’ questions?