FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, May 14, 2018
Contact: Office of Public Affairs
Prominent Business and Government Leaders to Address 2018 SelectUSA Investment Summit Participants
View the original post here.
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Commerce and SelectUSA today announced the lineup of global executives and business leaders that will address participants at the SelectUSA Investment Summit, June 20-22, at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Md.
Speakers include U.S. governors, Cabinet secretaries, and executives from U.S. and global companies including Foxconn, Lanxess, and Mercedes-Benz.
“The industry executives and leaders speaking at the Investment Summit are the same people driving business growth and policy change on the global stage,” said U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross. “Once again, we will have all the right people in the room to foster discussion on global business investment and economic growth – all part of what makes the Investment Summit such a successful event.”
- Confirmed speakers include:
- Alexander Acosta, U.S. Secretary of Labor
- Mike Baird, Chief Customer Officer, National Australia Bank
- Matt Bevin, Governor, Kentucky
- Jose Manuel Entrecanales, Chairman & CEO, Acciona
- Mary Fallin, Governor, Oklahoma
- Jack Fusco, President and CEO, Cheniere
- Dan Hart, President, Virgin Orbit
- Gary Herbert, Governor, Utah
- Marillyn Hewson; Chairman, President, and CEO; Lockheed Martin
- John Hickenlooper, Governor, Colorado
- Jason Hoff, President and CEO, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International
- Eric Holcomb, Governor, Indiana
- Farnam Jahanian, President, Carnegie Mellon University
- Luigi Lazzareschi, CEO, Sofidel
- Andrew Liveris, Chairman, Dow Chemical
- Timothy Madden, COO of U.S. Operations, Oxiteno
- Nancy McLernon, CEO, Organization for International Investment
- Steven Mnuchin, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury
- C.L. “Butch” Otter, Governor, Idaho
- April Palmerlee, CEO, American Chamber of Commerce in Australia
- Antonis Papadourakis, President and CEO, Lanxess Corporation
- Pete Ricketts, Governor, Nebraska
- Ulrich Spiesshofer, CEO, ABB
- Craig Vosburg, President, Mastercard
- Scott Walker, Governor, Wisconsin
- John Waldron, Head of Investment Banking, Goldman Sachs
- Martin Weissburg, Executive Vice President, Volvo Group/Mack Trucks
- George Whitesides, CEO, Virgin Galactic
- Louis Woo; Chairman, NC-IH Holdings, Ltd.; Foxconn Technology Group
- Michael Young, President, Texas A&M University
The annual Investment Summit is the premier foreign direct investment (FDI) event in the United States. Participants from the previous four Investment Summits have announced more than $71 billion in greenfield investment projects in the United States, which support more than 110,000 U.S. jobs.
The theme for the 2018 Investment Summit is Invest Here. Grow Here. Succeed Here. Attendees will hear from government and industry leaders about opportunities in key sectors including infrastructure, energy, and advanced manufacturing.
For the first time, the 2018 Investment Summit will give special attention to space commerce, in line with the administration’s focus on space policy. Other key themes include tax and regulatory reform, infrastructure, and workforce development.
The 2017 Investment Summit set attendance records with more than 3,000 participants, including 1,200 business representatives and economic development organizations from 52 U.S. states and territories.
The United States is currently home to more foreign direct investment (FDI) than any other country in the world, with a total stock of $3.7 trillion at the end of 2016. FDI supports nearly 13 million direct and indirect U.S. jobs, and is responsible for nearly one-quarter of all U.S. goods exports ($353 billion in 2015).
A full list of confirmed speakers and the current agenda for the 2018 SelectUSA Investment Summit is available online at selectusasummit.us/.
The U.S. Department of Commerce-led SelectUSA program promotes and facilitates business investment into the United States by coordinating related federal government agencies to serve as a single point of contact for investors. SelectUSA assists U.S. economic development organizations to compete globally for investment by providing information, a platform for international marketing, and high-level advocacy. SelectUSA also helps investors find the information they need to make decisions, connect to the right people at the local level, navigate the federal regulatory system, and find solutions to issues related to the federal government. For more information, visit www.selectusa.gov.