Aug 8 – Spinoff event host application period open
Oct 1 – Initial deadline for EDO/spinoff event host submissions
Nov 1 – 2019 SelectUSA Investment Summit attendee application portal opens
Dec 31 – Final Deadline for EDO/spinoff event host submissions
International Participant Registration for Spinoff Events:
Option 1: SelectUSA can help facilitate registration for your event. With this option, we will receive participant registrations and forward them on to you with their submitted profile information. As the event organizer, you have the final say as to who is or is not a good match for your event. You are not obligated to accept registrations received. Following receipt of registrant’s profile information, you should connect with each registrant to confirm interest and participation.
Option 2: You also have the option to facilitate your own registration process. With this option, SelectUSA would not receive participant registrations. Instead, registrations would go directly to you via your provided registration link (i.e. via Eventbrite, MissionTix, etc.). Your registration link would be published on the SelectUSA spinoff event webpage.
Note that many of the international investors who attend the SelectUSA Investment Summit tend to sign up in the February-May period. We therefore recommend that your registration deadline be no sooner than one month prior to the Summit, May 10, 2019.
Promotion of Spinoff Events:
SelectUSA utilizes a variety of methods to promote each event to our audiences including newsletters and social media. Organizers should also actively promote their own events. In past years, many EDOs have created landing pages on their websites for spinoff events and have worked through their own contact lists to promote attendance at the event.
Online: All approved spinoff events are published on the SelectUSA Summit site (www.selectusasummit.us). We can accommodate direct registrations/applications on this site.
International: The markets you select in your spinoff host application are the markets SelectUSA will target for heavier promotion. This can be updated as often as necessary by updating your application. In addition to regular email blasts and newsletters sent to international attendees, SelectUSA works closely with our overseas posts and U.S. Export Assistance Centers to promote your events.
Social Media: SelectUSA will work with you to develop personalized graphics to use in the promotion of your event. These are a great option for social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. SelectUSA is also happy to share and retweet your posts promoting your spinoff event. Please include #SelectUSASummit and/or #SelectUSA when tweeting to ensure we can locate your post and cross-promote.
Summit Registration: If your spinoff event is submitted and approved by September 30, 2018, details of the event will be included at the time of registration for the 2019 SelectUSA Investment Summit for all international participants. We will endeavor to add later submissions to the registration data in a timely manner.
- Dedicate your spinoff event to 1-2 industries, max of 3.
- Past years have shown that events focused on specific industries see the most success. When it is too broad of a focus or there is no specific industry, attendees and investors are unsure if the event will meet their specific interests/needs and are less likely to attend.
- If you focus on an industry (or 2), SelectUSA is better able to assist you with targeting the right attendees.
- Target countries/markets
- The more you are able to focus your event, the more likely the chances of success.
- Submit your application early!
- The earlier your application is received, the more time we have to effectively promote it.
- Collaborate with neighboring cities/counties.
- If a neighboring city/county is also planning a spinoff event and your industry focus is the same, it may be a good idea to consider working together to avoid having interested investors choose one locale over the other.
- Know what the ideal level of participation looks like for your event.
- Is your event ideal for 5-10 participants? 10-15 participants?
- SelectUSA suggests keeping the events small and targeted – somewhere between 5-20 participants.
- Know what works best for you re: event promotion and management.
- Do you prefer more control over your event or less (i.e. registrations)? Do you want companies to be able to contact you directly? SelectUSA is flexible and can work with you to find the best path forward. If you’d prefer to take registrations yourself, that’s ok with us – if you’d prefer we handle that for you – we’re happy to accommodate.
- Do not hesitate to contact SelectUSA with any questions or concerns you may have.
- We are here to help and ensure your event is a success!