June 1-3, 2020 | Washington Hilton, Washington, D.C.
Find your Workforce at the 2020 SelectUSA Investment Summit: Apprenticeship Programs, Community Colleges, and Universities
Network with Community Colleges June 2, 3-5pmExhibiting states will showcase their training centers, jobs programs, and community college initiatives to potential investors looking for a prepared workforce. States are encouraged to ensure that their community college partners are available at their exhibition booth for this targeted networking session.
Are you a Community College that is interested in learning more? Are you an EDO that would like to showcase the excellent education and training systems in your locality? Get in touch with us at SUSAEvents@trade.gov.
Investment Academy Workforce TrackWorkshops and panel discussions in the Workforce Track on Monday, June 1 and Tuesday, June 2 will cover recruitment, apprenticeships, training programs, and partnerships with community colleges, states, and local governments. Practitioners, community college representatives, economic developers, corporate executives, and government officials will share best practices and engage with the audience in the following sessions:
- Training Programs to Develop Your Workforce
- Human Resources: Employment Laws
- Finding the Right Workforce: Partnering with Community Colleges
- Partnering with State and Local Government to Find Your Workforce
Plenary Programming on Education and Workforce DevelopmentCabinet officials, including US Secretary of Education Betsy Devos and US Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Leon Wilkie Jr., and global executives will highlight how education, training, and apprenticeship programs help engage available talent in the United States and prepare global companies for the future of work.
Spinoff Events with Workforce ActivitiesAutomotive
- Tour Clemson University Center for Automotive Research (CUICAR)
Distribution and Logistics
- Tour University of Memphis
- Panel on workforce and city workforce training incentives
Food and Beverage
- Tour of local universities and a workforce discussion
- Tours of educational institutions
Information Communication Technology
- Tour of CMU Robotics Institute (Carnegie Mellon University affiliate) and National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC)
- Tour of the University of Pittsburgh and Tech Hub, featuring presentations by Carnegie Mellon University and InnovatePGH
- Tour NC State Centennial Campus
Apply to Attend a Spinoff Event