June 7-11, 2021
Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship Network Call for Applications Now Open!Jump To: Become a Mentee | Become a Mentor
Calling all mentees! This June, as part of the 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit, we are thrilled to bring back the Select Global Women in Tech (SGWIT) Mentorship Network. There is no deadline or application to participate as a mentee. Simply indicate your interest in Select Global Women in Tech when you are applying to attend the Investment Summit. While the application to mentor has now closed, we encourage you to indicate your interest in mentoring a future cohort using this form. The Mentorship Network will introduce international female tech entrepreneurs to the U.S. market with the support of SelectUSA’s traditional data and counseling services as well as new training opportunities. The SelectUSA team is proud to bring together resources from across the United States to support international female entrepreneurs in their U.S. investment journey.
SGWIT is a platform designed to support mentorship and learning. Mentees will be matched with mentors based on their goals, respective industries, and expertise. Mentors will be selected from across the U.S. startup ecosystem based on their interest in supporting female-run businesses. Participants are asked to commit to at least three one-on-one meetings over the course of the six-month program, including an introductory meeting, at least one progress update check-in, and a final meeting to follow up and decide on next steps. Both mentors and mentees will benefit from the one-on-one relationship as they build new skills, make new contacts, ignite new ideas, achieve their goals, and reinvigorate their own work.
If you or someone you know is interested in serving as a mentor or in the opportunity to be a mentee, check out the information below.
MenteesFemale founders interested in taking advantage of this unique opportunity should apply to attend the 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit and indicate their desire to participate in the Mentorship Network during the application process.
Participants interested in applying for the SGWIT Mentorship and Training Network must fit the following criteria:
- Company headquarters must be based outside of the United States and the company must be
- Less than 10 years old (founded on or after January 1, 2012)
- Up to $10 million in revenue
- Up to 40 total employees
Mentees Apply Here
Note: Mentees must be approved as 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit participants.
MentorsSGWIT mentors are U.S.-based successful entrepreneurs, corporate executives, venture capitalists, angel investors, and attorneys interested in supporting international female founders in their efforts to achieve their U.S. expansion goals. Mentors will be asked to be a sounding board and offer suggestions to help mentees overcome the challenges they face in scaling, promoting, fundraising, and generally establishing their business in the United States. Note that U.S. government employees and economic development organization officials may not serve as mentors but may support the network via educational content contributions or events.
Why Become a Mentor?
- Make a meaningful impact on women looking to bring their business to the United States.
- Join a supportive community of passionate, devoted mentors and ambitious female entrepreneurs working to expand their business into the United States.
- Strengthen your organization’s reach in key markets or extend reach to new global markets by connecting with the Foreign Commercial Service and contributing to worldwide in-market events.
- Raise your organization’s profile among a global network of tech startups, economic development organizations, public sector officials, and others in the tech and startup ecosystem.
In addition to Mentoring, How Else Will I Engage?
- Access numerous networking opportunities to make connections with:
- Tech Partners, such as VC firms, accelerators, incubators, and more
- Ambitious and fast-growing startups
- U.S. economic development organizations
- Other potential partners
The application deadline to apply to mentor for the 2022 cohort has passed. To express your interest to engage with us as a mentor for future Select Global Women in Tech cohorts, please use this form. We will contact you when the application opens for the 2023 cohort. Thank you for your interest.
Note: All mentors must be vetted by SelectUSA before being confirmed.
The SelectUSA team looks forward to welcoming both mentors and mentees to the second year of this network and to supporting the growth of female-run businesses around the world.
Interested in SelectUSA Tech or Select Global Women in Tech, but don’t fit the criteria?Join our mailing list to stay informed about our public programming.