2020 SelectUSA Investment Summit
The SelectUSA Investment Summit is the highest-profile event dedicated to promoting foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States. Featuring senior government officials, C-Suite business executives, and other thought leaders, the Investment Summit provides business investors with the chance to meet hundreds of representatives of the economic development community from every corner of the United States and jump-start negotiations to bring new business to the United States.
The SelectUSA Investment Summit is a time-saving mechanism for investors who are thinking about establishing or expanding operations in the United States. It is one of the most cost-efficient and time-saving means to accomplish the following tasks:
- Networking: Set up meetings with economic development professionals, service providers, and government leaders through our online matchmaking platform to meet the right people.
- Education: Learn more about how and why to invest in the United States.
- Access to Resources: Hear about resources and incentives directly from federal, state, and local officials.
The 2019 SelectUSA Investment Summit drew more than 3,100 participants from 79 international markets and 49 U.S. states and territories.
Who should attend?
Representatives from the following types of organizations will greatly benefit from attending the SelectUSA Investment Summit:
- Investors, including representatives of international businesses of all sizes, that are seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States
- Representatives of U.S. economic development organizations
- Representatives from U.S. state and local governments
- Advisors, service providers, companies, chambers of commerce, and associations facilitating FDI into the United State
The United States is a land of diverse opportunities; our consumer market, our workers, our technology, and our resources are vast and varied. This diversity means there are opportunities for start-ups, medium-sized enterprises, and multinationals.
The SelectUSA Investment Summit is a time-saving mechanism for investors who are interested in establishing or expanding operations in the United States. Take advantage of these opportunities:
- Networking - Connect with fellow investors, service providers, and government officials who may share tools, tricks of the trade and lessons learned about investing in the United States.
- Matchmaking - Set up meetings with economic development professionals, service providers, and government leaders through our robust online matchmaking program.
- Education - Learn more about how, where, and why to invest in the United States. Hear about innovative resources and incentives directly from federal, state, and local officials.
When and Where?
1919 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
Located less than two miles from the White House.
Cost to Attend
Apply early and take advantage of the super early bird registration rate.
- Super Early Bird Rate of US$850: Apply by 11:59 p.m. EST, Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- Early Bird Rate of US$925: Apply by 11:59 p.m. EST, Friday, February 14, 2020
- Regular Rate of US$975: Begins Saturday, February 15, 2020
- Remarks from high-profile CEOs and senior U.S. government leaders, along with panel discussions on the latest investment trends.
- Access to 30+ Investment Academy sessions and workshops with more in-depth and practical information about investment opportunities and resources.
- Networking opportunities and one-on-one meetings through an online matchmaking system that is easily accessible from your smart device or your computer.
- Access to the attendee database with the ability to communicate with attendees via the matchmaking platform.
- Access to the exhibition hall floor highlighting exhibits from U.S. state, regional, and local economic development organizations – the people who directly facilitate and incentivize investment.
- The U.S. government investment resource center, offering opportunities to speak directly with experts on a wide range of policy and regulatory issues.
- Breakfast and lunch each day, coffee breaks, and two networking receptions.
Registration will stay open until the Investment Summit reaches capacity, or until 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 15, 2020. It is highly recommended to apply to attend as soon as possible.
Name changes are not permitted onsite. All attendee substitutions must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 15, 2020 and must be from the same company.
- Plenary/General Session: SelectUSA will provide simultaneous interpretation for all plenary/main stage sessions in Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Other languages are not guaranteed.
- Investment Academy Sessions and Matchmaking: There will be no interpretation provided for the Investment Academy sessions or matchmaking meetings.
- Personal Interpreter: Applicants may bring their own personal interpreter to accompany them at the Investment Summit, but the interpreter must apply, register, and pay to attend. Interpreters will have access to all events which will enables them to accompany their executive during the Investment Summit.
A visa may be required prior to traveling to the United States.
- Travelers using the Visa Waiver Program must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel.
- We strongly advise that all applicants be knowledgeable about visa requirements and apply for a visa or ESTA, as soon as possible.
Visa Invitation Letter
- Information on visa requests will be provided during the registration and application process.
- Once an application is approved, a visa letter is generated and sent to the email address provided during the registration process. If you have been approved to attend and have not received your visa invitation letter, please email us at SelectUSA@experient-inc.com.
Step 1: Prepare
Before beginning the application process, prepare yourself by reviewing the information on this page and connecting with the U.S. Commercial Service team in your local market if needed.
Step 2: ApplyApply To Attend
Step 3: Stay Informed
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of application. The email will provide instructions to access the application system and check on acceptance status.
- Status notifications will be sent on a rolling basis beginning in January 2020.
- Notifications of approval, denial, or waitlist status will occur within 15 business days of applying, after initial notifications are sent.
Step 4: Payment
Registrations are considered final once payment is received.Credit Card
A credit card number may be provided during the application process. If an applicant chooses to pay by credit card, payment will be held and only processed once the application is approved and accepted.Check or Money Order
Applicants who select to pay via check have four weeks from the approval date for payment to be sent and received. All checks MUST be received by May 15, 2020.
- In the case payment is not received within the stated time, the applicant risks being moved to the back of the waitlist and another applicant may take his/her space.
- Only accepted and paid applicants will be able to book a hotel room. It is highly recommended to pay as soon as possible. You will receive an invoice with your confirmation letter.
If you have any issues with the processing of your payment, please contact us at SelectUSA@experient-inc.com.
Step 5: Book a Hotel Room
- SelectUSA has confirmed a block of rooms at the Washington Hilton and neighboring hotels specifically for approved applicants. Most room blocks are at GSA per diem, which is currently US$256 per day (plus applicable taxes). The hotel rates are valid until the room blocks are sold out or until 11:59 p.m. EDT, on May 11, 2020.
- Upon acceptance and receipt of payment, applicants will receive information on how to book a hotel room under the SelectUSA room block.
- Once a hotel room has been booked, guests will receive a four-digit guarantee number (e.g. 1234) via email from Experient. Please note, this is NOT the Washington Hilton confirmation number. If there are any special requests or changes that need to be noted, please do so with the Investment Summit Customer Service Team using this four-digit guarantee number.
- The hotel confirmation email will be sent to the email address that was provided during the registration process between May 20 and May 30. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive a registration confirmation email.
Step 6: Matchmaking
Approved attendees will receive instructions for the matchmaking system during the Investment Summit. Matchmaking will begin in Spring 2020.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing and sent to SelectUSA@experient-inc.com.
Cancellation requests received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on April 24, 2020 will be refunded, minus a US$125 admin fee. Cancellation requests received after this time and date will not receive a refund. Credit card refunds will be processed within two weeks of receipt. Check refunds will be processed four weeks after the conference ends.
If an applicant’s U.S. visa is denied, the US$125 admin fee will apply at all times.
Name substitutions are allowed until 11:59p.m. EDT on May 15, 2020. New names must be vetted by SelectUSA before a final registration is confirmed.