SelectUSA Investment Summit COVID-19 Protocols
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that all Investment Summit participants provide at registration EITHER proof of vaccination OR a negative test result (obtained within 48 hours of arrival to the Investment Summit). With unknown continued effects of the pandemic, the Investment Summit will be following the below protocol:
What do I need to know about COVID-19 requirements to attend the SelectUSA Investment Summit in person?
- Be prepared to show proof of vaccination credentials OR a negative test result* (obtained within 48 hours of arrival to the SelectUSA Investment Summit)
- At this time masks are not required, however we are closely following the most current guidance from the CDC, the State of Maryland, and the World Health Organization.
Final details will be provided in our “Know Before You Go” advance email.
*Visitors are required to present a negative FDA-authorized COVID-19 viral test (such as PCR or antigen) taken within 48 hours of entering the facility. A molecular PCR (polymerase chain reaction) is preferred. If not available, an antigen test administered by a pharmacy, lab, or medical professional is required.
What are the approved COVID-19 vaccines?
Accepted COVID-19 vaccinations include:
- Vaccines authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration:
- Johnson and Johnson (J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines)
- The U.S. currently allows foreign travelers with a WHO-approved vaccine to enter the country. These vaccines will also be acceptable as proof of vaccination for attendance at the Investment Summit.
Is a photo of a vaccination card sufficient or will we require the actual vaccination card?
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
The original is vaccination card preferable, but a photo is acceptable, so long as your name, the name of the vaccine, and the dates are all clear in the image, and the name matches your ID.*
Proof of COVID-19 Negative Test
Proof results from a negative FDA-authorized COVID-19 viral test (such as PCR or antigen) taken within 48 hours of entering the facility. A molecular PCR (polymerase chain reaction) is preferred. If not available, an antigen test administered by a pharmacy, lab, or medical professional is required. Photos of a self-administered negative test will not be accepted.
Digital Vaccine Passports
We require verifiable proof that attendees have been vaccinated. Acceptable forms include a photo of the vaccine card or state issued QR vaccine cards.*Wet will not collect or retain a digital copy of attendee's COVID-19 vaccine or COVID-19 test.
Will there be testing available on-site?
What happens if I test positive when I am on-site at the event?
- SelectUSA Investment Summit Show Management will be notified if a positive result has been confirmed. If you are staying at the Gaylord National Harbor, hotel leadership will also be notified so that the appropriate cleaning protocols may be implemented.
- Any participant who tests positve will not be able to participate in the in-person Investment Summit. They will either need to quarantine in their room or leave the premises.
- If staying at the Gaylord, and the guest chooses to remain at the hotel, the guest must stay in their room and not visit any public spaces including meeting rooms, fitness center, concierge lounge or restaurants.
- The Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center will honor your hotel booking rate for any days that your stay is extended due to COVID-19 quarantine. You will be responsible for all room charges, taxes and incidentals.
- Requests for service or assistance should be made through the hotel operator instead of doorknob menus or another in-room collateral.
- Guests may contact the hotel via their mobile phones as well.
- Hotel staff will not provide cleaning or housekeeping services during the stay.
- Guests should avoid any outside visitors coming in and out of the guest room out of an abundance of caution for other customers and associates.
- Guests must contact hotel management prior to checking out and/or departure from the hotel to provide an update on their condition.
- All room service deliveries will be packed using disposable paper/plastic containers.
- All food and beverage deliveries order through hotel room service will be left at the guest’s door for pick-up by the guest.
- The guest will be provided with standard complimentary amenities (e.g., water, tea, coffee, napkins, etc.) and non-perishable type food items to limit the need to make numerous daily deliveries.
Housekeeping and Trash Removal
- There will be no housekeeping services during the guest’s stay.
- The hotel will provide extra daily in-room amenities (e.g., shampoo, conditioner, soap, tea, coffee, etc.) to limit the need to make numerous daily deliveries.
- All fresh linens and additional amenities will be left outside the guest’s door.
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center Commitment
- As part of Marriott International's family of brands, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center has implemented a variety of new protocols and elevated practices, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, in keeping with Marriott’s high standards of cleanliness and commitment to providing excellent service.
- The convention center will increase sanitization of high contact surfaces within the facility between each patron group use of any shared area. Additional venue information available here: Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center and Marriott Commitment to Clean
If I test positive before the event and must isolate, will I be able to get a refund?
Will masks be provided, and are they required?
Personal Accountability Commitment
- Providing a safer environment for our event participants is a top priority. Achieving this is a shared responsibility. By attending the SelectUSA Investment Summit, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to health and safety while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, complying with local regulations, engaging in appropriate physical distancing, and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
- CDC Self Checker Widget
For International Travelers
- Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers: (Required for non-U.S citizen, nonimmigrant passengers arriving from a foreign country to the United States by air) International Travel to the U.S.
Investment Summit Commitment
The SelectUSA Investment Summit team is fully committed to holding a rewarding 2022 event at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD. Our priority is always the health and well-being of our community. We are closely following the most current guidance from the CDC, the State of Maryland, and the World Health Organization. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is a living document that will continue to evolve, as we work closely with the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, and our vendors to create a safer experience for Investment Summit participants.
We want to ensure SelectUSA continues to promote FDI in the safest manner possible. Therefore, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of negative test will be required to attend. Negative tests must be diagnostic, proctored or doctor certified. Photos of self-administered tests will not be accepted. We will follow state and local guidelines and recommendations by the CDC.
Date updated - 8 JUN 2022