June 7-11, 2021
Startup Pitch Sessions
Early-stage and startup tech companies can apply to make their virtual pitch in front of an audience of Investment Summit attendees and a panel of 4-6 judges, including venture capitalists, corporate investors, representatives from startup ecosystems, and industry experts. All pitches are limited to four minutes, followed by two minutes of Q&A from the panel of judges. Each selected company will participate in one of seven sessions in the following categories:
- Other (any tech industry not listed above)
Note: Only companies approved to attend the 2021 SelectUSA Investment Summit under the SelectUSA Tech program are eligible to participate in the pitching sessions. Please apply to attend the Investment Summit before applying to pitch.
Startup Pitch Session Application Process
Pitch: 4 minute pitch + 2 minutes of Q&A
The deadline has passed. Thank you for your interest.
The pitching application will include the questions listed below. Pitching applications must be submitted by 12:00am (midnight) EDT on May 14, 2021.
Who: Name the Team
Who is on your team? Please include name, title, skillset, and relevant experience for team members making key contributions to your company.
Why: The Problem
What problem are you trying to solve? How is your solution different from other solutions? What is the market opportunity?
- Define your market (global & specific to the U.S.)
- Total market size, your niche, and U.S. market potential
- Market forces and Trends
What: Your Solution / Product / Technology
- Describe your product
- Its competitive advantage
- 4 P Marketing Mix (price, product, promotion, & place)
How: Business Model and Achievements
Please describe how you are planning to make money, be profitable, and be scalable:
- Describe your timeline and milestones to date
- Existing customers and other partnerships
- Funding already obtained and plans for future funding rounds
- Intellectual Property (IP) protections (if applicable)
- Other relevant achievements
When: Next Steps
- What are your next steps broadly and for the U.S. market specifically?
- What is your ask to the audience? What are you looking for?
Application Review CriteriaThe SelectUSA Tech planning team will select up to 70 companies participating in SelectUSA Tech that submit a pitching application to an industry session by 12:00am (midnight) EDT on May 14, 2021. You may include supporting documents as necessary.
Pitch proposals will be judged on the following factors:
2. Adherence to the requested format (who, why, what, how, when), with allowances for some creativity.
3. Timeliness of submission (Proposals received earlier in the process will receive a higher score).
4. U.S. market readiness (Is the product/design/concept well-developed and ready for entry into the U.S. market?).
We may contact applicants directly if more information is needed.
By applying, you authorize the U.S. Department of Commerce to share submitted information with partners who are a part of the review committee.
Judging the SelectUSA Tech Startup Pitch SessionsPitches will be judged on the following criteria:
Practicality – How reasonable and scalable is the concept/product?
Creativity – How different is the product or idea from others already on the market?
Market Analysis – Is there a genuine need for the concept/product in the market? How well is the target market defined?
Impact – What potential impact will the concept have on the U.S. (and other) market(s)?
Experience/Management – How well prepared is the presenter and their team to execute the concept? Do they have the necessary experience to succeed?
Strategy – Does the project and the team have a clear plan, including a means to measure success?
Presentation Flow – How well is the concept presented? Did the presenter complete the pitch within the 4 minutes allotted? Was the presentation compelling and concise?
WinnersWinners will receive a series of five, one-hour initial legal consultations from INBLF, covering a wide-range of legal services vital to U.S. startups. Learn more.
See the Results