Application Information and Process
Application Information and Process
Reason for the application process
Registration will stay open until the Investment Summit reaches capacity. It is highly recommended to apply to attend as soon as possible.
Name changes will not be permitted after May 21, 2021. All attendee substitutions must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EDT, Friday, May 21, 2021. All name substitutions must be within the same company as the original applicant, and each applicant will be vetted individually.
Step 1: PrepareBefore starting the application process, please review the questions listed in the next section, “What to Know Before Applying.”
Step 2: ApplyApplication to Attend
Step 3: Stay InformedInitial approval notifications to be sent in January 2021.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email indicating their application has been received. The email will provide instructions to access the application system and check the status of the application.
Notifications of approval, denial, or waitlist status will occur within an estimated 15 business days of applying, after initial notifications are sent in January 2021.
Step 4: Payment
Applications are considered final once payment is received.
A credit card number may be provided during the application process. The form of payment will be held and will only be processed once the application is approved.
Check or Money Order
Applicants who select to pay via check have four weeks from the acceptance date but no later than May 15, 2021 for their payment to be received and processed.
If payment is not received within the stated timeframe, the applicant risks losing his/her space in the application queue. Once applicants have been approved and payment has been received, they will receive an invoice with a confirmation letter.
Early payment is highly recommended.
Step 5: Networking
Questions asked during the application process will feed into attendee networking profiles. Accepted attendees will receive instructions on how to finalize their networking profiles and use the networking system during the Investment Summit. The Networking app will launch in Spring 2021.Networking Information
What to know before applying
Applicants must be prepared to answer the following questions during the application process. Once the process has started, applicants can pause and complete the application at a later date. Only completed applications will be reviewed for approval.
- Organization name (English) – Organization name in English.
- Company registration/license number – Company’s registration or local equivalent number, if available.
- Organization year of establishment (YYYY)
- Market of parent organization – The market/country in which the ultimate parent organization is located.
- Number of employees in organization
- Estimated annual sales of parent company (U.S. Dollars)
- Organizational website address (URL)
- Organizational mission statement – A detailed organizational description (500 characters or less).
Cost to Attend
Apply early and take advantage of advanced programming including the Road to the Investment Summit, which will feature opportunities in sectors across the United States. All payments must be received prior to the rate deadline listed below. If payment is received after the deadline listed below, the registration rate will move to the next rate category.Rate of US$700: Apply by 11:59 p.m. EST, Thursday, December 31, 2020
Early Bird Rate of US$750: Apply by 11:59 p.m. EDT, Friday, April 30, 2021
Regular Rate of US$850: Begins Saturday, May 1, 2021
SelectUSA Tech Regular Rate of US$350: Until 11:59 p.m. EDT, Sunday, June 6, 2021
- Remarks from high-profile CEOs and senior U.S. government leaders, along with panel discussions on the latest investment trends.
- Access to 100+ virtual Investment Academy sessions and workshops with in-depth and practical information about investment opportunities and resources.
- Networking opportunities and virtual one-on-one meetings through an online networking system that is easily accessible from your smart device or your computer.
- Access to the attendee database with the ability to communicate with attendees via the networking platform.
- Access to the virtual exhibition hall highlighting U.S. state, regional, and local economic development organizations – the people who directly facilitate and incentivize investment.
- The U.S. government investment resource center, offering opportunities to connect directly with experts on a wide range of policy and regulatory issues.
Applicants may be placed on a waitlist or denied according to vetting criteria.
Applicants who have been placed on a waitlist or denied acceptance due to a perceived mistake, or other criteria, may appeal the decision by following the process below.Send Appeal to: SUSASummitVetting@trade.gov
Appeal Subject Line: “APPEAL” must be the first word in the subject line.
Appeals must include the following information, based on application type. All applicants should include detailed documentation to support their appeal.
- International Firms – Detailed plans for investment in the United States or plans to explore investment opportunities.
- Service Providers – Anticipated role as a service provider, including the specific services that would be provided to assist EDOs or international companies to facilitate foreign direct investment in the United States.
- Media – Detailed information on the scope, reach, and readership/viewership of your media outlet and reference to prior reporting on investment or related topics.
- Sponsors – Detailed background of the organization, including company executives, and clear explanation of motivations for sponsoring the SelectUSA Investment Summit.
- International Trade Associations – Detailed information on how the association helps organizations that are seeking to invest in the United States.
Cancellation & refund policy
Will there be foreign language interpretation or translation at the Investment Summit?
Yes, we will provide interpretation or translation of virtual sessions in the following languages: Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
May I request the assistance of an interpreter for my meetings?
SelectUSA does not provide interpretation outside of the main agenda sessions.
Can I bring my own interpreter?
Yes, you may register your own interpreter, but you will have to pay for their registration fee. All interpreters must go through the vetting process, and once approved, will have access to all programming.
Our Customer Service Team is ready to help. E-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.