Application Information and Process
Reason for the application process
Registration will stay open until the Investment Summit reaches capacity. It is highly recommended to apply to attend as soon as possible.
Name changes will not be permitted after Friday, May 27, 2022. All attendee substitutions must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EDT, Friday, May 27, 2022. All name substitutions must be within the same company as the original applicant, and each applicant will be vetted individually.
Step 1: Prepare
Before beginning the application process, prepare yourself by reviewing the information on this page and connecting with the U.S. Commercial Service team in your local market if needed.
Step 2: ApplyApply To Attend
Step 3: Stay Informed
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of application. The email will provide instructions to access the application system and check on acceptance status.
- Status notifications will be sent on a rolling basis beginning in January 2022.
- Notifications of approval, denial, or waitlist status will occur within 15 business days of applying, after initial notifications are sent.
Step 4: Payment
Registrations are considered final once payment is received.Credit Card
A credit card number may be provided during the application process. If an applicant chooses to pay by credit card, payment will be held and only processed once the application is approved and accepted.Check or Money Order
Applicants who select to pay via check have four weeks from the approval date for payment to be sent and received. All checks MUST be received by Friday, May 27, 2022.
- In the case payment is not received within the stated time, the applicant risks being moved to the back of the waitlist and another applicant may take his/her space.
- Only accepted and paid applicants will be able to book a hotel room. It is highly recommended to pay as soon as possible. You will receive an invoice with your confirmation letter.
If you have any issues with the processing of your payment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5: Book a Hotel Room
- SelectUSA has confirmed a block of rooms at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center for approved applicants. Most room blocks are at GSA per diem, which is currently US$256 per day (plus applicable taxes). The hotel rates are valid until the room blocks are sold out or until 11:59 p.m. EDT, on Friday, June 3, 2022.
- Upon acceptance and receipt of payment, applicants will receive information on how to book a hotel room under the SelectUSA room block.
- Once a hotel room has been booked, guests will receive a four-digit guarantee number (e.g. 1234) via email from eventPower. Please note, this is NOT the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center confirmation number. If there are any special requests or changes that need to be noted, please do so with the Investment Summit Customer Service Team using this four-digit guarantee number.
- The hotel confirmation email will be sent to the email address that was provided during the registration process between May 20 and May 30. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive a registration confirmation email.
Step 6: Networking
Approved attendees will receive instructions for the matchmaking system during the Investment Summit. Matchmaking will begin in Spring 2022.
What to know before applying
Applicants must be prepared to answer the following questions during the application process. Once the process has started, applicants can pause and complete the application at a later date. Only completed applications will be reviewed for approval.
- Organization name (English) – Organization name in English.
- Company registration/license number – Company’s registration or local equivalent number, if available.
- Organization year of establishment (YYYY)
- Market of parent organization – The market/country in which the ultimate parent organization is located.
- Number of employees in organization
- Estimated annual sales of parent company (U.S. Dollars)
- Organizational website address (URL)
- Organizational mission statement – A detailed organizational description (500 characters or less).
Cost to Attend
Apply early and take advantage of advanced programming including the Road to the Investment Summit, which will feature opportunities in sectors across the United States. All payments must be received prior to the rate deadline listed below. If payment is received after the deadline listed below, the registration rate will move to the next rate category.
In-Person RatesRegular Rate of US$1,050: Begins Saturday, May 7, 2022
SelectUSA Tech Regular Rate of US$600: Until 11:59 p.m. EDT, Sunday, June 26, 2022
In-Person Fee Includes:
- Remarks from high-profile CEOs and senior U.S. government leaders, along with panel discussions on the latest investment trends.
- Access to Investment Academy sessions and workshops with more in-depth and practical information about investment opportunities and resources.
- Networking opportunities and one-on-one meetings through a matchmaking system that is easily accessible from your smart device or your computer. Meetings will take place in-person at the Investment Summit. Virtual attendees will also have the ability to participate.
- Access to the attendee database with the ability to communicate with attendees via the matchmaking platform.
- Access to the exhibition hall floor highlighting exhibits from U.S. state, regional, and local economic development organizations – the people who directly facilitate and incentivize investment.
- The U.S. government investment resource center, offering opportunities to speak directly with experts on a wide range of policy and regulatory issues.
- Breakfast (Monday – Wednesday) and lunch (Monday and Tuesday), as well as coffee breaks, and three networking receptions.
Limited Virtual Programming RatesRegular Rate of US$575: Begins Saturday, May 7, 2022
SelectUSA Tech Regular Rate of US$400: Until 11:59 p.m. EDT, Sunday, June 26, 2022
Applicants may be placed on a waitlist or denied according to vetting criteria.
Applicants who have been placed on a waitlist or denied acceptance due to a perceived mistake, or other criteria, may appeal the decision by following the process below.Send Appeal to: SUSASummitVetting@trade.gov
Appeal Subject Line: “APPEAL” must be the first word in the subject line.
Appeals must include the following information, based on application type. All applicants should include detailed documentation to support their appeal.
- International Firms – Detailed plans for investment in the United States or plans to explore investment opportunities.
- Service Providers – Anticipated role as a service provider, including the specific services that would be provided to assist EDOs or international companies to facilitate foreign direct investment in the United States.
- Media – Detailed information on the scope, reach, and readership/viewership of your media outlet and reference to prior reporting on investment or related topics.
- Sponsors – Detailed background of the organization, including company executives, and clear explanation of motivations for sponsoring the SelectUSA Investment Summit.
- International Trade Associations – Detailed information on how the association helps organizations that are seeking to invest in the United States.
Cancellation & refund policy
Will there be foreign language interpretation or translation at the Investment Summit?
Yes, we will provide interpretation or translation of sessions in the following languages: Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
May I request the assistance of an interpreter for my meetings?
SelectUSA does not provide interpretation outside of the main agenda sessions.
Can I bring my own interpreter?
Yes, you may register your own interpreter, but you will have to pay for their registration fee. All interpreters must go through the vetting process, and once approved, will have access to all programming.
Our Customer Service Team is ready to help. E-mail your questions to email@example.com.