About the Summit
June 1-3, 2020 | Washington Hilton, Washington, D.C.
2019 SelectUSA Investment SummitThe SelectUSA Investment Summit is the highest-profile event dedicated to promoting foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States. It connects qualified foreign firms directly with U.S. economic development organizations to facilitate business investment and job creation.
Each Investment Summit focuses on the U.S. investment environment, industry trends, and new opportunities. Additionally the Investment Summit features senior government officials, C-Suite business executives, and other thought leaders.
The Investment Summit plays a vital role in attracting and facilitating international investment into the United States by raising awareness of the wide range of opportunities and positive business climate and facilitating vital direct connections between investors and EDOs.
The 2018 SelectUSA Investment Summit was the second Investment Summit to draw more than 3,000 participants to the Washington, D.C. area. Investment projects worth more than $600 million were announced at the Investment Summit, along with the release of SelectUSA’s Rural FDI Report, which shows that nearly 95,000 jobs in rural America are supported by FDI. The 2018 Investment Summit included participants from 66 international markets, including 1,000+ global business investors and economic developers from 51 U.S. states and territories.
2018 Exhibition Hall Highlights
2018 Attendee Highlights
When and Where?June 10 – 12, 2019
1919 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
Located less than two miles from the White House.
Washington Hilton Floor Plan
Who should attend?
Representatives from the following types of organizations will greatly benefit from attending the SelectUSA Investment Summit:
- Investors, including representative of international businesses of all sizes, that are seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States
- Representatives of U.S. economic development organizations
- Representatives from U.S. state and local governments
- Advisors, service providers, companies, chambers of commerce, and associations facilitating foreign direct investment into the United States
InvestorsThe SelectUSA Investment Summit is a time-saving mechanism for investors who are thinking about establishing or expanding operations in the United States. The Summit is the most cost-efficient and time-efficient means to accomplish the following tasks:
- Networking - Set up meetings with economic development professionals, service providers, and government leaders through our robust online matchmaking program to meet the right people and make a smart investment in the United States.
- Education - Learn more about how, where, and why to invest in the United States.
- Access to Resources - Hear about innovative resources and incentives directly from federal, state, and local officials.
The United States is a land of diverse opportunities; our consumer market, our workers, our technology, and our resources are vast and varied. This diversity means there are opportunities for nearly every company from start-ups to medium-sized enterprises to multinationals. The SelectUSA Investment Summit provides unprecedented access to these opportunities all under one roof.
Economic Development Organizations (EDOs)The Investment Summit is the primary event where U.S. economic development organizations can meet over 1,000 investors who are seeking to establish or expand their business operations in the United States. Take advantage of these opportunities:
- Networking - Connect with other economic developers, service providers, and government officials who may share tools and information to help you attract more investment locally.
- Matchmaking - Set up meetings with investors through our online matchmaking program.
- Education - Learn about the latest trends and issues, as well as resources to help you more effectively reach investors.
- Promotion - Showcase the advantages of your location in the Exhibition Hall.
How to ApplyDemand to attend is high and space is limited. Those who wish to attend must submit an application. Qualified applications will be accepted based on the overall balance of attendees with respect to the source market and participant type.
Click here for the Application Process and Attendee Information.
Agenda OverviewThe official agenda will feature the SelectUSA Investment Academy, plenary sessions, breakout sessions, and networking events.
SelectUSA Investment SummitJune 10-12, 2019
The 2019 SelectUSA Investment Summit will feature a variety of topics and speakers on the main stage and in breakout sessions over the course of two days. The main stage will showcase high-profile CEOs, senior executives, and U.S. government leaders, who set the tone for business and investment policies and trends in the United States. Breakout sessions will feature insights from state and local leaders, government officials, industry leaders, and other experts with knowledge into key investment trends.
SelectUSA Investment AcademyJune 10, 2019
Note: SelectUSA Investment Academy Sessions are Closed to Press
The SelectUSA Investment Academy is designed specifically for investors and economic development organization (EDO) representatives who want to make the most out of the Investment Summit. Participants gain valuable, first-hand insight into the U.S. investment environment through focused, thematic sessions in which expert practitioners from a variety of investment-related fields share practical tools, strategies, and actionable information.
Companies considering their first investment in the United States gain information on various stages of the investment process. EDOs seeking information on resources and best practices for FDI attraction hear from industry and government experts.
View the Investment Summit Agenda
Spinoff EventsOutside of June 10 – 12, 2019
We encourage all SelectUSA Summit participants to extend their stay in the United States and travel to a variety of local communities to connect with economic developers, business leaders, and local experts while exploring promising investment opportunities in some of the most dynamic industries in the United States.
View the Spinoff Agenda
Collateral EventsJune 10-12, 2019
The SelectUSA Investment Summit “State & Local Night” Reception and other private receptions offer ample opportunity to network. Any event held during the SelectUSA Summit in the Washington, D.C. area and hosted by an outside group with the support of SelectUSA is considered a SelectUSA Summit Collateral Event.
View the Collateral Events Agenda
If you are interested in hosting a reception or networking event on the margins of the Summit, and would like to advertise that event with SelectUSA’s assistance, please submit your event below for consideration.
Submit a Collateral Event Proposal
- Plenary/General Session - SelectUSA will provide simultaneous interpretation for all plenary/main stage sessions in Arabic, German, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Other Languages - Based on demand, SelectUSA will consider offering interpretation services in other languages as well.
- Breakout Sessions & Matchmaking - There will be no interpretation provided for the breakout sessions, the Investment Academy, or matchmaking meetings.
- Personal Interpreter - Applicants may bring their own personal interpreter but the interpreter must apply, register, and pay to attend. Interpreters will have access to all events which will enables them to accompany their executive during the Summit.